I'm going to look like a real person soon.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Oct 8, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I treated myself to fake nails and a pedicure yesterday. When she asked how long - I said a litle bit longer. Not Anna Nicole Smith long but a little bit glamorous. I'm getting new hair on Wednesday and I'm going to go a couple of rounds in the tanning bed. I decided it's time to look like a real person again. I've never had fake nails because prior to Fibro and 14 meds, mine used to grow really long - I had to cut them. No matter what I've tried now, they really won't grow much. I guess after three years (my anniversary of the wreck was in September), I decided to try to look good again. As good as this overweight body can look. I was surprised that the nails only cost $25.00.

It's surprising how much better I feel about myself today. I urge anyone else that's feeling down to try it. If the money is not there, enlist your friend, sister, or daughter to do a manicure or pedicure for you.
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I love getting all dolled up. It does make me feel better, if even for only a little while.
    Enjoy your new look!
    MM
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Good for you... on the LOSE TO FLUBBER thread, I posted today about doing my hair and even using white strips on my teeth - the little things make us feel so much better, I AGREE.

I painted my nails yesterday too. I have debated on wether or not to get acrylic again - if I can keep up with it, I will.

I am glad you feel good about yourself today - I think it is so important to try to find ourselves again - anything that will pick us up - is a GOOD THING.

You go girl!
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. srollins

srollins New Member

we may not be able to control how the body feels and so forth but we do have control over how we look.

i too always took great pride in my hands and nails. i think my nails was one of the first to go. they have gotten so bad they were actually dangerous.

i keep them covered up now with fake. i go every two weeks faithfully to have them taken care of. cost me 20 bucks and we look at it the same way we would look at medication.as long as it doesn't cause us to have to cut back on groceries my hubby says they will be done.

i get my hair trimmed faithfully every 4 weeks.
    like i said i don't have control of much when it comes to this body but i can control how i look to a great degree.

i am happy for you. sometimes it doesn't take a lot to help the mind. having these nails is a great committment but worth it. just be sure to wear rubber gloves for dishwashing , hand laundry and all.

shirley
  5. good for you Anything that makes us feel better. I am goint to get my hair cut tomorrow, hoping it helps me, it really needs a trim.
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Good for you cookie

I get my hair trimmed every 4 weeks and highlights every 3 months. It is my one indulgence! I used to have long hair I wore in a beautiful french roll or braid.

After I got really ill I found it hard to take care of especially holding the hair dryer. So I have mine cut in an easy wash and wear cut.

Some days I can only manage to wash and let it drip dry but at least with the highlights it looks ok.

hugs Redwillow