I'm gonna have to pay $600.00 a month for my ins

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

if I have to be off work after nov 1st. Thats with the cobra...Good grief how do they expect ya to pay that? I will have to drop my son and husband off the policy to bring the payment down to $300.00 a month but then they dont have insurance. They got ya coming and going I guess.
    GEEZZZhhh
    Carla
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

if I have to be off work after nov 1st. Thats with the cobra...Good grief how do they expect ya to pay that? I will have to drop my son and husband off the policy to bring the payment down to $300.00 a month but then they dont have insurance. They got ya coming and going I guess.
    GEEZZZhhh
    Carla
  3. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Carla,
    I have been having to pay $600.00 a month for my son and myself since Nov of last year!! I cant believe they can do this to us :( Now I have to worry that in Feb my benefits run out so we will have NO ins???? What is this all about?

I wish I knew what to do next...
    Good luck to you and all the rest of us in this posituon.
    Denise
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Ours is over $800 a month for the two of us. It goes up Jan. 1. I know alot of states have insurance programs for those whom can't afford regular insurance rates. In Minnesota, if you get assistance, they base your rates on your income.

Marilyn :)
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I'm covered right now on a group cobra policy for $288.mo purely healthcare and a ppo. I have to use my former employer;s hospital ( where I worked). I had my insurance CANCELLED 5 times by my former employer while on medical leave, I guess because noone would own up to the problem.... either its the insurance company or the intermediate benefits company or the former employer, a hospital. I got a letter today saying that the intermediate company told the hospital that I wasn't insured on 9/17/01 LOL and they are just telling me now... over a yr later.... interesting esp in light of the fact that the hospital OWNS* the insurance company....can they screw us any worse??????????????
  6. cpalance

cpalance New Member

My husband and I have been there and done that. We were paying $1800.00 a month. My husband has had a couple of heart attacks and nobody wants to cover you. He was in business for himself so we had to pay. Thank God he has found a job with excellent insurance. First time in our lives. He hates his job, but we have insurance. All the politicians have great insurance so they don't want to reform healthcare. I would vote for snoopy if we could get some kind of healthcare reform.
    Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I feel sooo bad for you guys, I completely understand. Lets' see do we eat or do we have health insurance. DA
    Good Luck I feel for you.
    Cindy
  7. donna

donna New Member

hi, i am very new to the boards so bear with me. i would like to tell you my name is donna and i read a few weeks ago about you know how to find the pharmacy on-line who has the pain meds we all or most of us take? i am in BIG TIME NEED! my pain clinic doctor last month told me that this was the last perscriptions he was going to write for me.that i need to go to my family doctor! i don't have one! he said tyhat i am stable abnd have been for a year so ???? i told him i am stable because of the meds. i have fibro and lupus.i have had these for 2 years now and have been taking the meds for a year. i don't know what i am going to do. i guess i will do without and be in lots pain. i felt this way until i read your e-mail. i wish i could find the date on that but i couldn't.
    i would like to ask you how i can get the meds i need without a doc. pescerpiton?? please help.
    thanks for your time.
    donna
  8. donna

donna New Member

hi, i am very new to the boards so bear with me. i would like to tell you my name is donna and i read a few weeks ago about you know how to find the pharmacy on-line who has the pain meds we all or most of us take? i am in BIG TIME NEED! my pain clinic doctor last month told me that this was the last perscriptions he was going to write for me.that i need to go to my family doctor! i don't have one! he said tyhat i am stable abnd have been for a year so ???? i told him i am stable because of the meds. i have fibro and lupus.i have had these for 2 years now and have been taking the meds for a year. i don't know what i am going to do. i guess i will do without and be in lots pain. i felt this way until i read your e-mail. i wish i could find the date on that but i couldn't.
    i would like to ask you how i can get the meds i need without a doc. pescerpiton?? please help.
    thanks for your time.
    donna
    my e-mail is donnasurette3@juno.com