I'm having BAD chest pains right now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

But no other signs that would lead me to believe it's a heart attack, I am wondering if it is gas...all I know is that it hurts like hell!!! it started on my right side of my chest then it moved to the middle and now it's still in the middle but I also feel it in my back, dang it is so friggin painful!! any suggestions???

Love to all, Ann
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get very similar chest pain, & for me mine is indeed gas.
    If it is really bothering you, maybe ring your ER or Dr & see what they think.

3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

that's what I believe it to be as well but holy moly talk about painful, by the way I love your pic.

Love to all, Ann
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

It could be costochroditis (sp) which is inflammation of the rib cage and hurts bad. And I don't mean to scare you but heart attack symptoms for women are not the typical symptoms you hear about.

I have a friend who had a heart attack in her 50's. This woman has been through a lot due to bouts of Cancer. She had been to her doctor a week before her attack and was thoroughly checked out. She woke up one morning and felt off and had a pain in her back and no other symptoms. Drove downtown Chicago from the burbs to her job. Worked a couple hours but just felt bad so went home. She called her husband on the way home. He insisted that she call her doc & the doc told her to go to the ER.

She went home to wait for her husband and decided to take a bath and shave her legs - I kid you not. She had a heart attack and really didn't have any 'traditional heart attack symptoms'.

The point of my long rambling story is if your pain does not go away you may want to check in with your doc - yes it is probably nothing but it is better to be safe. Sorry if I scared you or anything - not my intention. I tell this story a lot because it had a happy ending and she is fine...
    Nancy
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Having those pains. Please call the EMS or get to an ER.

Better safe than sorry! Let us know how you are!

Hugs,

Kim
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thank you all for your posts, the pain finally went away about 3 hours after it started, altho I did not pass any gas I am just glad it's over. Thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions.

Love to all, Ann

[ advertisement ]