I'm Having Minor Surgery Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just checking in early before I leave for the doc's minor surgery suite. I'm having a small tumor or cyst removed from my arm and some benign growth removed from my lower leg. He's a plastic surgeon, so as long as I have to be there, he's removing a couple of tiny spider veins from my nose and chin (probably caused by my wild drinking days when I was young :)

I may or may not be back today. I will try to check in later this afternoon.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just checking in early before I leave for the doc's minor surgery suite. I'm having a small tumor or cyst removed from my arm and some benign growth removed from my lower leg. He's a plastic surgeon, so as long as I have to be there, he's removing a couple of tiny spider veins from my nose and chin (probably caused by my wild drinking days when I was young :)

I may or may not be back today. I will try to check in later this afternoon.

Love, Mikie
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I hope all goes well and you return to us very very quickly!!!!! we praying for you dear....
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I hope everything goes well for you and that you don't have a lot of pain from the minor surgery, although for us with these dd's I don't think anything is Minor anymore.

Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

that surgury is easy on you & you have a rapid recovery. Thanks for letting us know, & let us know how you make out when you get the chance. Hugs, Michele
  6. SharonR

SharonR New Member

recovery. Going in to purposely have the veins on the back of my legs zapped. (Not today)
    It will make you feel great to get rid of those little spider veins, they are just "in your face"!
    Rest easy
    Smiles
    SharonR
  7. majic

majic New Member

i'll lite a candle for you. majic
  8. JP

JP New Member

I hope by the time you read this post you have minimal pain and have had a perfect success with your procedures. Take care of yourself...Jan
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. All went well and I felt nothing from anything until he got to the veins on my face. Wow, is that ever painful. He prefers using the saline injections versus a laser.

When I return to have my sutures removed next week, he's doing some veins on my thighs.

My illness has really taken its toll on my face and body, so as a Christmas to myself, I'm doing the skin care regimen and Rx Retin A which they prescribe at the clinic. I was going to take a trip to San Antonio as my Christmas present, but traveling, especially by air, is just too exhausting for me. I hope this skin care regimen is all it's cracked up to be. It's supposed to be as good as a chemical peel or laser resurfacing. Even if a peel or resurfacing is later needed, the results are much better if the skin is prepared with these products, or so they say. I'll let y'all know if it works. It takes about four to six months before you can go on a maintenance program where you don't have to use the products every day. I have sun damage and I want to get rid of the brown spots. I'm going to use it on my hands as well.

I am tired so think I'll go rest up a bit. Take care and thanks again. I'll check back in later.

Love, Mikie
  10. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

Hope all goes well for you and a fast and speedy recovery is on your way

cathy
  11. tandy

tandy New Member

Just wanted to say....rest yourself,take it easy... all those things I love to hear when i'm feeling under the weather.Best of luck,
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  12. BethM

BethM New Member

Heal well and fast!

Peace,
    Beth.
  13. G

G New Member

Hope you'll feel better soon.

Love,
    G
  14. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I worked today and did not see this post until I got home. I'm glad that all went well for you.

I've heard that Retin A works good. Wouldn't mind trying it myself. Just think how pretty your are going to be!! It does one good to pamper oneself. I'm a believer that if you take care of yourself and look good you also feel better about yourself. At any rate I'm glad you are taking the plunge. Keep us updated how it turns out for you.

Take Care,
    Arlene
  15. lilwren

lilwren New Member

and wish you a speedy and relatively pain free recovery.

love,

Sharon L
  16. genevieve

genevieve New Member

and hope you soon recover fromit alland feel back to "normal"

With love,

Genevieve
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of course, the Retin A is making my face red, but that will go away in a few weeks. I'm trying to prepare myself to eventually go back to work. I figure I had better get rid of this red phase before job hunting. Also, hopefully, I will look more rested and refreshed with my new kisser.

My neighbor found this on a web site where they swear it's as good as Retin A. Grind up vitamin C tablets into a fine powder. Mix a little with your favorite lotion and put on your face. Leave it on a while and then rinse off. Pierce an oil based capsule of vitamin A and rub it on the face. This can be done at bedtime. I don't know whether it works, but it's relatively cheap to try.

Love, Mikie