i'm having my first "shake"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Apr 6, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it doesn't taste too bad,,,i added some strawberries,,,and i did not put the molasses in it...says you do not if you are taking mineral vits....
    i found using my hand blender....the kind you can put in a glass works just fine for me...so i'm glad i do not need to lug out the big blender...

it's alot to eat...i cause you could use a straw...i'm just using my spoon...

jodie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am just slowly eating away at it...

i think i may make some up for my son...he has been complaining has been really tired...and i know he deals with depression...he has been on the watch out for bipolar...so far so good....

i refuse to sit back and not get him treatment if he is in fact ever bipolar....

but he has had a stressful life w/his father being bipolar and self medicating with alcohol...not being home for his son...etc...

anways...my son doesn't like to eat anything for breakfast...so maybe i can get him to start the shake for awhile...plus it has all of this protein and omega's in it seems to be promising...for the mental status....

and it is realively inexpensive.....

i paid about 8$ for my flax seeds in a bag..i'm sure i may be able to get them at costco cheaper..i'll look later..

and the proten mix his father bought him last year adn the date is still good...i know costco sells whey protein mix...and it is cheap..so like you said it will go a long way...

and this is high in protein whichis good for the muscles...and i can not see any fat here....

i read up on dr joh gray's site last night for a bit...he had the shake reciepe on it as well...and explained about weightloss from this as well...

hey i know alot of us have been complaining about weightgain here on this site...so this may help as well...healthy for us here...

i used to grab protein bars....and i did buy some slimfast high protein shakes...i like those for on the go...i always get the low sugar one...

if i drink the original slimfast my body swells up /,,,my body does not sugar...my wrist swell up first then rest of body..

well i need to drink the shake now...

thank you for your nudging...i finally did it...i'll keep it up and see what happens..

jodie