I'm having terrible back pain & muscle spasms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

not sure what I did, but the pain has been very overwhelming--crying a few times today.

I have appt with chiropractor on Friday.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

So sorry to here this,understand what you are going thru. with this dd you dont have to do anything for this to occur.

Do you have any muscle relaxers? I use heat as cold does not agree with me. the rubs like icy hot also have been helping lately. warm baths.

could you be low in magnesium and calcium? be very careful with chrio. hope its someone you know.

any chance its your sciacata nerve? hopefully maybe someone could give you a gentle massage?

take care
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Before going to a chiropractor, I personally, would go to the ER for a xray to make sure all is OK is my back ... if you did something to injure your back, a chiropractor may make it worse. It may be muscle related, and you could already be taking a muscle relaxer to ease the pain. Are you putting heat packs on it? Some injuries, you rotate heat and cold, 30 minutes of each.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  4. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi sorry your hurting and hope you find relief soon! When I have back pain and spasams I use my TENS unit and it works great for me. Sometimes i may wear it for an hour or sometimes all day but it really relieves the pain that my morphine wont touch. God Bless
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I went to the chiropractor on Friday and he helped alot. He said I did all the right things on Thursday alternating, heat, ice, walks & massage pad.

Today I had a few minor spasms but more the most part it was ok-- even worked for 3.5 hours today.

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions.