I'm having trouble with low calcium (hypocalcemia)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KCD, Aug 31, 2003.

1. KCD

KCD New Member

Anyone else have this problem? I am severly fatigued, dizzy, and have a very low blood pressure and pulse when I am not taking Calcium. I am seeing an endocrinologist on Friday, Sept. 5. Valerie
  2. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

Valerie,

Definitely, go see the endocrinologist.... Are you familiar with how nutrition can affect calcium levels? Do you for example feel much better after eating food high in calcium such as greens or refraining from consuming things that deplete calcium such as sugary soda?

Paul
  3. KCD

KCD New Member

Yes, I am staying away from sugar, caffeine, etc. As far as eating food loaded with calcium, not doing as good. I have been taking my supplements religiously. I can't wait until Friday. I hope the doc is a good one. Valerie
  4. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

Also, steer clear of carbonated beverages!
  5. paytonsmom

paytonsmom New Member

I was curious what you found out at your endo appt. I don't know if I have FM, but I do have hypocalcemia, for which my endo cannot find a cause. My parathyroid is working normally. I am now taking 6-8 calcium pills a day as well at Rocaltrol .25 mg twice a day. I sometimes get cramps in my face and tingling in hands and feet. He does not seem concerned about why I have it; he says the treatment is the same; to just keep the calcium up. If you don't mind, please let me know what you find out. I do think I have TMJ and maybe FM b/c I have lots of muscle aches and pains. That may be from the hypocalcemia. My calcium has not gone low, since I have started the meds, but I still have low calcium symptoms at times. Any info you have would be great.

Thanks!