I'm here; I'm okay, just busy and TIRED!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petlover, Oct 22, 2002.

1. petlover

petlover New Member

Hi everyone.
    Thanks so much for caring about my well-being. I'm a teacher and have been super busy with progress reports (I have over 200 students!). Now, we're into the parent-teacher conferences and I just haven't had much time to get online. I apologize for my absence.
    As soon as things calm down a bit, I'm going to search online for a doctor who will treat me for CFS, or at least offer me some alternatives. Neither of my GPs has ever suggested any supplements or anything to increase energy. I don't think they even "believe" in CFS. A friend of mine told me that CFS is recognized by the AMA. True?
    As I've said, my one GP just gave me Wellbutrin to "wake me up" and supposedly counter the fatigue that Zoloft brings. The onther GP ran every test imaginable for every disease possible. She found only that I have a larger number of antibodies than what is normal. She thought it would be from Lupus or arthritis, but all the tests came back negative.
    I had a CBC run (a while ago by the Wellbutrin doc) to check for anything abnormal, including Lyme Disease, MS, thyroid issues, kidney function issues, cholesterol, a CA-125 (for cancer), triglycerides, etc. My cholesterol and triglicerides were too high. That's it. I was told to "lose weight". I'm a size 10 at 5 feet, 6 inches tall. I know I'm no skinny-mini, but I'm not what you'd call super FAT, either!
    My one GP said that she was "stumped" and felt bad that she couldn't medically pinpoint my problem. I'm assuming she does not recognize CFS as a "disease", as she did not even bring it up. The other one (who prescribed Wellbutrin) never mentioned CFS either. It's as if it does not exist.
    Thanks again for all of your support. It means a lot to me to know that even though the "tests" all come back "within normal range", I'm still very tired and you all know it's not in my head. If anyone has personal experience with a great CFS doctor, I'm in CT, but I'd be willing to go to Boston, Providence, even NYC. Thanks.

-Heidi ("Petlover")
  2. petlover

petlover New Member

Hi everyone.
    Thanks so much for caring about my well-being. I'm a teacher and have been super busy with progress reports (I have over 200 students!). Now, we're into the parent-teacher conferences and I just haven't had much time to get online. I apologize for my absence.
    As soon as things calm down a bit, I'm going to search online for a doctor who will treat me for CFS, or at least offer me some alternatives. Neither of my GPs has ever suggested any supplements or anything to increase energy. I don't think they even "believe" in CFS. A friend of mine told me that CFS is recognized by the AMA. True?
    As I've said, my one GP just gave me Wellbutrin to "wake me up" and supposedly counter the fatigue that Zoloft brings. The onther GP ran every test imaginable for every disease possible. She found only that I have a larger number of antibodies than what is normal. She thought it would be from Lupus or arthritis, but all the tests came back negative.
    I had a CBC run (a while ago by the Wellbutrin doc) to check for anything abnormal, including Lyme Disease, MS, thyroid issues, kidney function issues, cholesterol, a CA-125 (for cancer), triglycerides, etc. My cholesterol and triglicerides were too high. That's it. I was told to "lose weight". I'm a size 10 at 5 feet, 6 inches tall. I know I'm no skinny-mini, but I'm not what you'd call super FAT, either!
    My one GP said that she was "stumped" and felt bad that she couldn't medically pinpoint my problem. I'm assuming she does not recognize CFS as a "disease", as she did not even bring it up. The other one (who prescribed Wellbutrin) never mentioned CFS either. It's as if it does not exist.
    Thanks again for all of your support. It means a lot to me to know that even though the "tests" all come back "within normal range", I'm still very tired and you all know it's not in my head. If anyone has personal experience with a great CFS doctor, I'm in CT, but I'd be willing to go to Boston, Providence, even NYC. Thanks.

-Heidi ("Petlover")
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I was first diagnosed w/CFIDS by Dr. Dennis King in Waterbury - 1389 West Main St - 203-759-0888 (Not sure if Waterbury picked up the 860 area code??)I'm not sure what he's up to these days - a friend of mine w/fibro still sees him. It may be worth it for you to call & see if he treats CFIDS regularly or not. He was a great guy, very understanding - I would still see him if I didn't move to ME. AMY

[ advertisement ]