Im Holding A Letter From Dr. Not Sure If Hurt SSD or Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 13, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have a letter that one of my Drs. wrote regarding my disability and don't think that SSD has a copy. I asked for the letter AFTER SSD requested my records from that Dr.

The letter states: won't write all but some: increase of pain, progressive loss of function in important areas of activities of daily living. Involves, cooking, cleaning, shopping such as groceries a significant complication in life at this point.

The problem is that, not knowing about depression, thinks I'm ok and wrote appeared to not having memory, mentaion, clarity of thought issues.

Since then, been to psychologist and as your have probably read, going for mental eval tomorrow.

Have I made mistake NOT sending copy of this letter in???

Need advice, please,

BlueSky555
  2. jaquieb

jaquieb New Member

BLUESKY555, I don't think it would make any difference if you sent the letter or not...?? (not sure) Did they send for your medical records? If your Dr. takes notes on your visits it should be in there. Some people they give ssd to without much of a fight but most they do not. After being denied twice I had to get a lawyer and then it still will take along time. I pray you will not be denied. I so far have been working on it for a year or so. Have a year or so still to go says my lawyer. What state do you live in? Good Luck............ Jaquie
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

AFTER SSD sent for my records so I don't think they have a copy.

I was afraid that it would hurt my case to send it in; the letter was sent to me; not SSD. Thought it may need to go because shows can't do daily activities.

Gee, it seems as if you are waiting a very long time; suppose I have that to look forward to, huh? I'm sure I will; seems nothing works quick anymore. Not to mention, I have more and more appts. I need to go to and I'm so tired of going to drs.

Thank you for your opinion and hope you won't have to wait much longer, as you think. Good luck,

BlueSky555
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

bumping for more responses.

best thoughts
  5. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I am new here, so I don't know where in the ssdi process you are. If you just applied, I would wait with the letter. There can be things in your records that SS have. And since he sent the letter after SS requested them, there should be a copy in there now. In most cases people will be denied the first two times. And the reasons will sound awful. It really hurt me. I did and reconmend that after the first denial to hire an attorney. Then dealing with SS will be out of your hands, and he or she will request all that SS have and with your written release will be able to get records from your drs. Then the letter will be submitted as evidence. You can even show the letter to your attorney.

It is a long process and I have been going through it a little over two years. It is hard and frustrating, but just keep holding on.

Rose
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

As you know, I have been folowing your Posts concernin g
    your SS claim. In regards to this last letter, I'd ignor
    it if it does not seem favorable enough to submit. You
    have complied with the SS protocol to date. I went to a
    Hearing before an ALJ without an Attorney and missing a
    year and 1/2 of my Medical records out of four years.
    I didn't feel that adding that last year and 1/2 made any
    difference to my case. I indicated that to the Judge and
    he understood my point. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Best to you,
    MRDAD
  7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

MRDAD, thank you for your input. Are you saying that you won SSD, going to ALJ with representation? WOW!

Also, need to clarify: SSD does NOT have a copy of this letter. My records were sent to SSD before this letter was written. There is a copy in my record now but was not at that time.

I have the original copy. Most of letter states inability to perform daily activities.

Thank you ALL for your input/responses,

BlueSky555
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

What I'm saying is that if you feel it is additionally
    favorable to your cause, I would submit a copy and add
    it to your information. At the ALJ hearing, I sub mitted
    a recent Doctor report that was not favorable to the out-
    come I was pursuing. But the Hearing appt. Doctor fealt
    I was definitely unble to perform any "meaningful" em-
    ployment due to my condition.

Because I submitted MY doctors opinion, he fealt that all