I'm Home...Dad's Worse...Please Pray for us.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Dec 11, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I got home yesterday from seeing my parents. My dad cannot walk, stand or exert himself in the least without being short-winded. He recovers, but his breathing is very shallow, and in the week I was there, I saw a marked decline in his health. We are now at the waiting stage. When will he die? It could be tonight...it could be a month, I really don't know.

My mom is doing OK. I was able to help her, we got out for a bit one day to shop and go to lunch. A man came to stay with Dad. She also got her hair cut on Friday, went grocery shopping and looked refreshed when she arrived home. I stayed home with Dad.

So, I'm home and tired. My husband is feeling lousy...just used his asthma inhaler and went to bed, and I think I'll crawl in, also. Very tired, but I did very well physically while I was there. I am very thankful for that. I would also be thankful for any one who would pray for our family during this time. Thank you in advance.

I will try to catch up with you guys later today or tomorrow. Seems like I've been gone forever, and almost like I'm a newbee. (-:

Thank you for your prayers. You are all such special people and I look forward to seeing what's been going on in my absence! Hopefully, the pain/fatigue/depression mode is somewhat diminished right now...I hope, anyway.

Love,
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2005]
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So sorry to hear your dad and family are having to go through this...

Just wanted you to know you & your family are in my thoughts and Prayers!!

(((Hugs)))
    Bluerose
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

and was glad to see that you have arrived home safely.

I am so sorry about your dads declining health, but it seems that you are dealing with it...as well as can be expected... and it sounds as though your visit really helped your mom. I know that makes you feel better!

I ask God to strengthen you from day to day....and your mom and family. Remember.... we are here for you to vent at any time! I know that it helps so much.

I hope that you get rested up.

A BIG HUG.....Mari
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi, I'll pray for your family today. Sending some hugs too.
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is good to know you are home safely.

I have been praying for your family and will continue to do so. Your presence was more welcomed at home, more than you will ever know.

I am glad you were able to get your mom out and do something with her, for her. Those kind acts helped my mom to keep going as dad was dying.

You are surely exhausted and emotionally tired. Get alot of rest.

We are all beside you...

Love,

Kim
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

So sorry about your dad. This has to be so hard for you and your mom and the rest of your family. Both of my parents are gone now, but it wasn't that long ago that I was dealing with their failing health.

Prayers and hugs to you,

Ellen
  7. kbak

kbak Member

I'm sorry your dad is having such a hard time, and you too. All I can do is pray that the Good Lord gives all of you the strenghth you need, and His warm embrace.

Much Love,
    K.
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

and hoping that you are doing alright today!

Maybe you are still resting up...or even strong enough to go out Christmas shopping! :)

MamaR
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You are all so sweet and supportive. I am overwhelmed at your response. Yes, MamaR, I'm trying to get back into things here, and I am suddenly so tired. So, so tired. I plan to take a rest here very soon. Got my hair cut early (thank goodness!), went grocery shopping, and started laundry. My, it just seems like I've done a day's work breaking rocks! Muscles are aching today, but it's OK. I got to be there and I can ache at home. My lovely home! (-: There's nothing like your own bed, is there?

My dad started taking morphine last night, and I'm so glad he was helped. He slept very well and sounded strong this morning. My mom sound tired but she's OK. She knows she can call anytime she needs me.

And all of you and your prayers are the reason I have been able to do all of this! Prayer is very powerful and when all of you wonderful ladies are asking God to help someone, He's listens! (-: You are my support and without you and your understanding of the DD and handling life's problems with one stike against you, I would fold!

My prayers for all of you...each so special and irreplaceable. Hope the DD is letting up for a while, but whatever your health, I am so thankful to know you and to walk with you through our journeys. Take care of yourselves...be good so Santa will visit you this year!

Love,
    Sue
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

that things are better with your dad. Yes, God hears!!

I know how tired you must be so.......go get some rest!

I'm headed out to do a few things before I change my mind.

MamaR