I'm Home From Funeral

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Dec 31, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just checkin' in with you all! The drive was Trecherous (SP)=====My Brother did all the driving!,,,8 hrs, one way,,,very emotionaly and phyiscaly Draining!

My Brother that lost his wife was stressed to the max with Funeral Prep Work ,,,,,,,,,,But it all went Good,,,,I was sooo Glad to be there for Him!,,,,Hugs to all will type more later,,,,,love ,,Sis
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss - my prayers are with you and your family - especially your brother.

I'm glad everything went well with the funeral. Although I must say, 8 hours driving one way......just the thought makes my head spin. I cannot tolerate road trips! I'm glad for you that you made it through everything ok.

Happy New Year!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

It Was A trip i Won't forget! My SIL Died of Cancer! So sad!,,,we did Stop for Potty Breaks and to Eat! so that was Great!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,, Sis
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Your body holds up to get you through the crisis. Then, when you begin to relax, your body begins to react to the stress you have gone through.
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Your Right about that! I have often wondered about that Fact!,,,,,I always wondered why i held up during the initial crisis going on and then when i got home or where ever it feels like i was run over by a Mack Truck,,,,,,I know i'm not alone!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

It was so hard to leave my Brother behind! But i Have a feeling he'll be up to visit more now! Thanks for the Prayers!,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
  7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Sorry for your loss.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

I appreciate your support!,,,She was only 53,,,,,,Gone to soon!,,,,,Sis
  9. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Wow, 8 hours in the car would just do me in. Get some rest, hon. I'm glad you were able to be there for your brother, and now it's time to rest.

10. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks! it was a very emotional Day! She has 6 kids 4 girls and 2 boys plus my 3 Nephews,,,and they all but 1 got up to say a Rememberance talk about their Mom/step mom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Very Nice ,,,but Sad!

What a Tear Jerker! also they had made a dvd of photos of her life,,,it was set to music,,,so kool,,,,,,,,,,,I'm just resting up now! came home to a foot of new snow on my car!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs! Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2008]
  11. findmind

findmind New Member

My deepest condolences to you and your brother. What a tragedy, so young and 6 kids!

I'm so glad you were able to make the trip, and I'm sure your brother will appreciate it always.

Now begin taking very extra good care of YOU, ok? This will take a toll on you, we all know.

We'll be thinking of you...

12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So very sorry about your SIL. Yes, much too young, and I am sorry for the kids and your brother. It is so wonderful that they were able to get up and talk about her life, how brave!

I hope you are getting some much needed rest. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Hugs, Kim
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for all your support!,,,,,,They Live in a very rugged part of Idaho,,,along the Salman River,,,so we had to travel over a huge snow covered mountian pass,,,WEEEE!,,

It was a Beautiful Drive Though! The Trees on the top of the pass were laden with alot of snow,,,,so beautiful!,,,,,,,

The Road over the Pass is a 4 laner and is very well Manintained by snow plows,,,,,,the only thing though is that the Wind can be very Nasty up there!

But yes Her Childern are all Grown and have kids of their own,,,,,Get this,,,,there are 14 Grandkids between the 6 childern!,,,,,They all are very bright and Beautiful,,,,,

my 3 Nephews are not married yet but will i'm sure eventualy!,,,,,,,,,Both of My Brothers are very important to me! I hadn't seen my Nephews for along time,,,,,so it was Good!

I'm so very Thankful for all of your prayers and Support!,,,,,,,Hugs! Sis
  14. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

What can you say???? Sending you lovem hugs and peace and strength in each other through the difficult times to come