I'm home from my surgery, big time pain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 21, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI everyone, I a have been home since 1 but was heavily medicated and tried to post, I'm glad I forgot to click post,lol.

I went to bed and just looked and it was still there waiting for me to click postI am in so much pain, when I wokr up in post op they gave ,e 100 mg fentlyn, dialuda AND then demerol and it only dull it/ Then gave me 10mg vicodan and sent me home.

My freind Teresa is staying the night, my foot is up and I am in so much pain I can barely stand it. i took more vicodan and percocet and it's not helping.

I won't probably won't be around too much for a few days, I may go to the er if it doesn't improve in a few hours.

Thanks for our freindship, prayers and suppot-Carla
    \
  2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

glad it's over with, just hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dr. Love is a good Dr. I took my son to him years ago for a sports injury...Also like Dr. Aiken.

Just keep your foot up and your spirits also

luck and prayers
    lacey
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Glad your home and there is someone to stay with you! Hope your pain level goes down big time!,,,,,Hugs,,,&,,,Prayers!,,,,,Sis
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sure hope you are feeling better than when you posted.

Are you supposed to do anything like elevate your foot or soak it?

I spect by next week you'll be getting out your top hat and cane and going into your dance.

Rock
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry you are in so much pain, I hope it gets better very quickly! We're you in outpatient surgery? It is so hard to get sent home so quickly sometimes. Please keep us updated when you are feeling better. Kim :)
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I think you should definitely go to the ER if the pain continues, they can give you some meds to help.

I'm glad the op went well and that your friend is there to help you out.

love
    Rosie
  7. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I am glad your surgery is over but am so sorry that your pain level is so high. Is it any better today? If not, I would definitely go back to ER to get more pain meds. There is no reason for you to be in that much pain!

Just wanted you to know that I got on your website and looked at your work and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You are a very talented woman and do wonderful work. Will talk to you more about later when you are feeling better.
    Your view from your back porch is absolutely breathtaking!!!

I am praying for you to have better pain control and a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Gentle Hugs,
    Mimi
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Well I made it threw the night, but it was rough. Was up and down all night. The pain is better, but my brain can't work wiht my fingers and type, and double vision from time to time.

My freind is staying the day with me, so I will not be alone. My girls have not left my side, except to go out and potty,.

Thank all of you again for the well wishes. Well better go for now, it is hard to use my laptop om my lap in the bed. Thank all of you again for your caring and prayers=Carla
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Carla,

I am so glad that you are home and your surgery is over but I sure do hope that your pain subsides soon. It does sound like it is a little bit better (than at first) but continue to take your pain meds for awhile till you feel more comfy. Yes, as Linda said keep it elevated and make sure your bandage is not to tight. Hope it isn't swelling to much.

Glad that your friend was staying with you at least for the day.

Hope that the next time you post you will be feeling much better. Many times however, it feels worse before it starts to feel better.

Thinking about you. Alsos hope that you rest better tomorrow and can get a better nights sleep, the next night.

Hugs and blessings,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2007]
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

I sure wouldn't recommemend this to anyone unless you are in some serious pain, which I was. But this is horrible.

I have been in a drug induced comma since Fri, the dogs have been great, stayed with me in bed until today, they are outside now.

As along as I lay in bed wit my foot propped up above my heart it is tolerable, I a taking 10 mg vicodan and 5 mg percocets, ao have been sleeping a lot. Which I needed after this past month. Thank all of you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated. Carla
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i need that same type of surgery on my left big toe.they wanted me to try orthotics...i just bought the dr scholl's instead, since my ins. doesnt' cover the 400 dollar trial basis to see if they w/help or not.

well take are and gld you have a friend and your baby girls there to comfort you.

jodie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My daughter and grandson came for a visit. I'm sending up prayers for your recovery. Rest up because pain uses up a lot of energy and you need rest to recouperate.

Love, Mikie