I'm in a major flare........help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by honey, Nov 23, 2002.

1. honey

honey New Member

I've been in a flare from h*ll for the last week, longest and worst I've ever had. Do any of you lose your strength in your muscle?? My legs don't, can't carry me properly I can't pick up my baby which is the worst I have'nt been able to do anything at all. I'm in so much pain that it keeps me awake and if I do manage to get some sleep the pain wakes me up. My GP put me on Aropax 10mg in the morning and gave me Narosyn and Panadeine for the pain after some begging. So far not much help other than making me feel just drugged out. I also take Fibrodol which is like the ZMA here and a multivitamin and B Complex.
    I am waiting on results of Blood tests that have been taken to see if anything is wrong there, including the results from Dr Les Simpson the Red Cell Blood Researcher here in New Zealand.
    I have been in bed since Friday afternoon hoping that it would help but no change.....sigh.
    I'm feeling really useless as a mother right now and its breaking my heart. I see the hurt and disappointment in my girls eyes and its just too much.
    Any suggestions on how to cope with this, or any treatments that you have found helpful would be just wonderful.

Thanks for all your help

Wishing you all pain free and happy days

Love
    Lyn
  2. honey

honey New Member

I've been in a flare from h*ll for the last week, longest and worst I've ever had. Do any of you lose your strength in your muscle?? My legs don't, can't carry me properly I can't pick up my baby which is the worst I have'nt been able to do anything at all. I'm in so much pain that it keeps me awake and if I do manage to get some sleep the pain wakes me up. My GP put me on Aropax 10mg in the morning and gave me Narosyn and Panadeine for the pain after some begging. So far not much help other than making me feel just drugged out. I also take Fibrodol which is like the ZMA here and a multivitamin and B Complex.
    I am waiting on results of Blood tests that have been taken to see if anything is wrong there, including the results from Dr Les Simpson the Red Cell Blood Researcher here in New Zealand.
    I have been in bed since Friday afternoon hoping that it would help but no change.....sigh.
    I'm feeling really useless as a mother right now and its breaking my heart. I see the hurt and disappointment in my girls eyes and its just too much.
    Any suggestions on how to cope with this, or any treatments that you have found helpful would be just wonderful.

Thanks for all your help

Wishing you all pain free and happy days

Love
    Lyn
  3. roro

roro New Member

lyn, sorry to hear your feeling bad. Dont feel guilty, maybe its not hurt or disappointment in your girls eyes, but maybe its sympathy. I have a 13 year old son, and he has grown up to be a very patient, loving, caring person because of all the suffering he has seen me go through. He is also very responsible and independent, he cooks, cleans, and takes care of his dog. I look at some of his spoiled rotten friends, and cant help but think the one good thing that came out of this disease is the wonderful person my son has become.
    I am no doctor, and I dont know what to suggest. I can tell you what helped me. The biggest thing that helped was going on a low carb diet. Cutting out all sugars, starches, and processed foods, and all chemicals. Eating a lot of fresh vegetables, and healthy meats, fish, and fats. Taking lots of vitamins, I found a doctor who is knowledgeable about vitamins. Other people here may be able to point you in the right direction for that. Drinking a LOT of water. Exercise, starting out slowly of course.
    I hope your feelign better soon.
  4. Roxi

Roxi New Member

You didn't choose this! Kids can tell when you're doing all you can! They want to help so ask them to play on the bed while you lay down. That's the only thing that lessens my pain...to get off my feet and lay down with a neck support pillow for an hour. Have to do this every other hour on a bad day. While you're lying there you can plan what you'll do on the next "up".
    Hope you're better soon!
  5. honey

honey New Member

Thanks guys for your supporting, caring words it means the world to me.
    I have been back to the doctors today because a lump turned up on my leg last night. Doctor checked it out and I've pulled a ligament on the outside of my knee. Lump is on the inside so doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I have no idea what I did as I've spent the weekend in bed and have'nt done a thing. Another mystery to add to the long list. Just have to keep taking the Naprosyn and hope for the best.
    Wishing you guys pain free happy days
    Thanks once again for your support

Love
    Lyn