I'M IN ANOTHER BAD FLARE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Wow! I was feeling so good last week and now I'm back in a flare! My neck hurts all the way down to my lower back! Finally I called my rheumy yesterday and she wrote me a prescription for physical therapy. I called them today and I will go on Thursday. I asked the nurse why I'm in so much pain, and she said the very cold weather is affecting a lot of people. I said "even people with fibromyalgia?" and she said yes. So I guess the cold does affect us. I feel so bad - my skin even hurts! I feel that if someone touched me I would jump! I sat in the whirlpool on Sunday and that only helped for a few minutes. I hope I get good results on Thursday!!!!

Annette2
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

I know just what you mean! It normally doesn't get really cold where I live, but the last week has been freezing and the weekend was wet and freezing, and I have been hurting more than usual. Yesterday I started feeling a bit better because it warmed up a little.
    I hope the P.T. helps you, and you start feeling better soon.
    {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Karen
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I'm also dying from this cold weather. I'm sure it's not helping us any! I also suffer from SADD in the winter.
    I hope you start feeling better soon!!!
    LOL,
    Debbie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry you are suffering such a bad flare. I do believe all this cold and the changing barometric pressure makes us sicker. It's been cold down here by our standards, and it has affected me.

Love, Mikie
  5. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Annette 2, Gosh it seems like you have had so much to deal with recently ,with the operation and all. I'm so sorry that your feeling badly again. Were supose to get up to 45 degees by Sunday .I know it won't last but maybe you'll have a couple days of feeling better. I've been in a bad flare here for about 2 weeks.This indiana weather sure does'nt help our deseases does it. Hope your felling better soon. Danisue
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

me too. I had probably the worse flare ever for about 2 or 3 days. I was almost ready to go to the emergency room. We are having a lot of rain but actually the day my flare started it was rather nice and sunny. Have no idea what brings them on sometimes. Hope you are doing better by now.

Dara