I'm In Remission

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yahoooooooooo! As some of y'all may remember, I was just in a flare from the local Red Tide infestation. Right now, the only thing bothering me is some tree pollen but the Sudafed is taking care of that. I do know that Sudafed has pseudoephedrine in it and this can give one energy, but this is a true remission from all my symptoms. I've never recovered so quickly from the Red Tide, at least, not in the last couple of years.

Perhaps if my sick gallbladder had been diagnosed before it caused so much inflammation and infection in my body, my healing would have been much greater earlier on. In any case, I'm just happy to be feeling this well. I am enjoying my life so much right now. I've been participating in the water aerobics three times a week at our pool, hanging out at the pool with friends/neighbors, and even took in the Friday Nite Pool Cocktail party last night.

I'm also busy trying to make up for lost time around the condo. This hasn't allowed my being online much but I do check in from time to time. When we are sick for a very long time, it is hard to remember how it felt to be well. I knew this intellectually, but it is another whole ballgame when I'm feeling well, strong and healthy. It's like night and day difference. I'm taking a little time to enjoy myself and, if this healing continues, I will be looking to return to work for a couple of days a week.

I know that so many have been told that if one has been sick longer than five years, recovery is a long shot. I've never believed that and I expect to heal and recover. The road to healing is a long and difficult one but it is not as difficult as getting sicker. There are a lot of treatments showing promising results over time. Ours can be remitting/relapsing conditions but even when I've had relapses, my recovery time is getting shorter and shorter. I think healing is a journey.

I am posting this because I think it's important for others to see that healing is possible and to keep hope alive. I think the secret is to treat our conditions on as many fronts as we can and to never, ever give up. I pray for us all and for everyone who suffers from chronic illness.

Love, Mikie
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Ya Hoo!! Cocktail party! Nice to be back out socializing again. I'm also feeling better. And you are right deal with each issue and never give up.
    You have been so helpful for everyone here. Go out and enjoy your life.

Cindy
  3. jole

jole Member

No one deserves to feel good more than you! You have done so much for so many on this board with encouraging words, great advice, and always in such a positive way. I hope you have many, many great days ahead.

Wow! I understand totally what you're saying about remembering what it feels like to be totally well....one good day doesn't compare to hopefully "forever", and I hope all of us reach that goal. Enjoy that pool, your friends, and finding your job. It sounds soo great to be able to go job hunting again.....but please be careful.....

Wishing you all the best. You are one person I would have liked to have met and had a chance to be friends with. Have a great tomorrow always!
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

That is awesome news! It gives us all hope. I have been feeling better then I have in years since I got my gallbladder out. I think it was bad for years.

I read that gallbladder disease is up 30 percent in the last ten years. Its just not our country but lots of countries where their diet has changed alot in the last decade.

I messed around with mine at least the last two years. My mom had hers out and she thought the symptoms I had sounded exactly like hers. I really had to push the doctor to check it out well. It makes me wonder how many of us have gallbladder problems and aren`t getting treatment.

The dizziness I had all the time which I thought was from the FM/CFS is completely gone and so is most of that flu-like feeling I always had. This is the closest I have ever felt to a remission. I think my FFC treatment has a good change of working for me.

Enjoy every second of your wonderful remission!
    Sandyz
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Great to see your doing so good!! Gosh I pray it continues for you.. You have been such a blessing over the last 3 or 4 years I've been on this board.. We miss your daily presence but gosh I couldn't be happier for you..

Love and hugs.. Dona
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

you certainly deserve it. Have u posted an updated version of your protocol /road to remission anywhere?

wishiung u lots of fun and continued health

Delia
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

god to hear good news on here well done I hope you will stick around as you have helped so many people on here.

good luck

Clertyx
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I was so excited when I read this! You deserve every moment of feeling well. It is ,indeed, hopeful news for the rest of us that are still working hard at getting well. Thanks so much for posting this. It made my day!!

Kathy
  9. charlenef

charlenef New Member

have you ever went to fibrofix.com she does guai with decongestants like sudafed mabe there is a conection with feeling better ill post it for you charlene
  10. charlenef

charlenef New Member

F I B R O F I X

FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT OUTLINE

(If acidic)

First-ever combination prescription-based medical treatment method that

reverses all symptoms of FMS. In use since October 2000.

Information for you and your doctor.

Test saliva pH before and while using this method, if you can.

7.0 is ideal. Numbers BELOW 7.0 mean too acid.

Test strip kits are sold at health food stores and drug stores.

Saliva at or ABOVE 7.0 do not eliminate acid foods from diet.

Thyroid Fibromyalgia - do this only if you also have low Saliva pH.

Every Day:

ALL DURING THE DAY :

ESSENTIAL:.

Alkali Water. Instead of Tums, drink alkali water. Make by adding alkali to drinking water or

water process through an alkaling dispenser unit.

A.M. :

ESSENTIAL:

Entex LA 600 mg Guaifenesin + 30 mg Phenylephrine. Prescription. Generic works fine.

Drink additional water as you increase this med. It needs water to work.

An initial prescription for 120 tablets will let you adjust. Can be broken in half.

Guaifenesin - additional plain - Fludan.com

It may take from 5,000 mg or more per day to clear excess HA from your body.

Increase every other time until you find the right amount.

Sweet Iced Tea - Caffeine gives us a jump start in the morning. The cold drink is a natural

decongestant, which helps get things moving.

Lunch :

Guaifenesin - additional plain - Fludan.com - one or two capsules with water.

Afternoon :

Sweet Iced Tea - Caffeine gives us a pickup in the afternoon. The cold drink is a natural

decongestant, which helps keep things moving. Do not drink late at night if it keeps you up.

Dinner :

Guiafenesin - additional plain - Fludan.com - one or two capsules with water.

P.M. :

Entex LA 600 mg Guaifenesin + 30 mg Phenylephrine. Prescription. Generic works fine.

An initial prescription for 120 tablets will let you adjust. Can be broken in half.

Guaifenesin - additional plain - Fludan.com

It may take from 5,000 mg or more per day to clear excess HA from your body.

Increase every other time until you find the right amount for you.

Can easily be broken in half.

Paxil - or other good SSRI. Generics did not work in this case.

Generic PAXIL ( Barr and Apotex paroxetine ) gave very bad results.

10 mg. For signal correction. 1 tablet to start.

Follow your doctor's instructions and do not discontinue without doctor's approval.

TO GET DEEP RESTORATIVE SLEEP ALL NIGHT: Eye Mask and Ear Plugs

ESSENTIAL: Wear Eye Mask to block out ALL light.

ESSENTIAL: Wear Ear Plugs to block out ALL sound.

Curtains do not work.

"White noise" like a TV or sound machine may help you get to sleep,

but will keep you from getting to DEEP sleep.

FOOD

ESSENTIAL: Eliminate these foods completely, due to high acid.

NO SOFT DRINKS - very strong PHOSPHORIC ACID. Worst thing for us.

Clear, dark, any flavor.

NO LEMONS, oranges, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, grapefruit, cherries, grape,

or other citrus, foods and product with these flavors. 2nd worst.

NO TOMATOES - in any form. Be careful of tomatoes as ingredients in any product.

We did not discover, but learned:

NO Mint - as in candy and toothpaste.

NO Aloe Vera - you leave on the skin or swallow.

Note: Entex LA and Paxil are prescription meds - consult your doctor.

The truth doesn't need any help. It can stand on its own, speak for itself, and survive just fine.

Anne Hillebrand www.FibroFix.com

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2007]
  11. YAHOO! I am so happy you are doing so well. YOU GO GIRL!
  12. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What great news.

It's seemed like you were on the edge of being well for so long but then kept having all those major setback-surprises thrown at you. You've worked awfully hard.

Once you have the pieces in place though, things eventually snap together, I think.

Hopefully there won't be any more surprises that knock you down, but it sounds like you're in good shape to pick yourself up if that happens anyway.

Thanks for brightening my morning. Enjoy.

Best, Lisa
  13. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I, too, believe we can achieve remission from these symptoms. Though I've battled other illness this past year, I feel that for the past 3 to 4 years, I've been at least 85-90% better from FM by trying a few different strategies and protocols, some of which made a real difference. I'm a big believer that FM/CFS isn't hopeless....I've also always believed that it isn't progressive, though I know there're many here who'd argue that point with me. I believe it FEELS progressive, though...leaving a sense of hopelessness. But there is hope.

I pray your remission continues!!! Enjoy that sense of renewed good health!

Hugs,
    Pam
  14. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I can't think of a single person who deserves to be in remission more than you ! May you sharing this great news light the candle of hope for those who are in darkness with these DD's.

I agree.......Never , ever give up !

Blessings ,

b/c
  15. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Congratulations, Mikie!!!

Love,
    Forebearance
  16. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

For all you have done for us, thank you. It makes your announcement so much sweeter.

Keep up those water aerobics classes!!!

Love, June
  17. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Remission is the sweetest word a PWC can hear. You brought tears to my eyes as I read your post. Bless you, if anyone deserves a remission it is you. You've been so comforting and encouraging to us these past six years. If you don't have as much time on this board anymore, consider that a gift of flight into the land of the living. But please do share your positive experiences. They give us so much hope.

Hugs,

CherylSue
  18. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so very happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Enjoy your good health. I can't think of another person who merits it more.

Take care, love and a big hug,

Terry
  19. bluewing

bluewing New Member

It sounds like a miracle! Is it possible?...it IS possible. 'Knowing' you I can believe it!! There MUST be hope...how long have you had this stuff, Mikie? I'm so happy for you and send love.
  20. mezombie

mezombie Member

Oh, I'm so happy for you!

Thank you for sharing this. It really gives me hope!

Cheers -- To even better days ahead!
    The Zombie