I'm in SO MUCH PAIN!! I feel like crawling under a hole!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Nov 9, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Or in a cave, or a very deep and dark place. I want my MOMMY!!!!

I don't know what I did, but my left arm is throbbing SO bad, all the way down my arm, and my back and legs, too.

I know I have some discs bulging in my back, and my neck has never been the same after my cervical fusion, but GEEZ!!! This pain is OFF THE SCALE!!!

I took more than my prescribed methadone (my PCP said I could do that when I saw him on Wednesday) and it barely touched it!! Three hours later, and I'm taking a vicodin!!

I don't want to live like this, but THANK GOD it isn't like this everyday!! I just want to find Big Foot and have him gnaw off my arm right now!!!

OK, that's all I wanted to say. Hope everyone else has a better night/day than I am. PG
  2. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I have cried for 2 days with deep aching burning pain. i have a lot to be thankful for but this pain makes me feel like ill never have fun again .i feel for you. plus the exhaustion. i couldnt get out of bed till 1 pm today,
    hugs gail
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Pepper and Gail, I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I hope it will ease down very soon. I just hate to hear it when people are suffering with uncontrollable pain. I know we all probably have pain all the time, but sometimes when it gets to the point that you are in tears it is just awful. I hope it is gone soon for you both.
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

"Pain" is terrible and I hope and pray for you to have a better day ahead. Have you tried telling your doctor the pain meds just aren't working for you? How about a heating pad or ice applied to arm? Also a Tens Unit might do the trick since you have some disc problems too.
    Just a thought to let you know I care.
    Stinker56
  5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Actually went to bed with it. Talk about being a frigid woman!! LOL!! That helped some, but I could feel the pain even throbbing through that.

I finally got up and 1:30, when I wrote this post, and took a full Vicodin and some zannaflex (muscle relaxer) and was able to sleep until about 5:00.

I am facing another lumbar surgery, and I know that the thought of that could be making me quite tense, too.

Isn't life in FIBROWORLD grand??? NOT! Hope you all have a great day today! Thanks for all the thoughts and concerns. PG

PS I just saw my PCP and he did up my methadone, that's why I was able to take more last night...
  6. sami

sami New Member

i too take meth..on a routine basis and more as needed...it cuts the pain for me..i will take a valium for my muscles though when it is unbearable...it does help to relax them....
  7. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

which is in the same family as valium. I think the zannaflex may be in that family as well. I know it's not good to take too many, but man, when you're hurting like that, you have to do SOMETHING to get out of it!!

Hope all of you are getting some control, too. Have a great Thursday! Most are looking forward to a 3 day weekend!! PG
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

So many of us are in so much more pain than usual! And if you'd asked me if that was possible, a few weeks ago, I'd have said nope! Cant' get worse than this! Then it did!

I have a few suggestions for you...

Won't take it away, but it will help.

1st...over the counter analgesic called Theragesic maximum strenght (though this does have mint in it...can't use with some herbals or on guai). About $6, and really really helps, especially with that deep aching burn in the forearms. You're the only person other than me who's ever had that symptom that I've seen!

2nd....bath....2 bottles of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup of epsom salts. Make it extremely hot...way hotter than you can stand, then let it cool off before you get in. This warms the porcelain...otherwise, when I get in my bum and legs feel like they're going to fall off from the ache of the cold porcelain under me. Get in...I also add a bit of Dr. Bronners Magic soap in Lavender....very relaxing, but you can use any scent you like. Vanilla is also good. If you don't have that stuff, send someone to the store to get it...you can also use Johnson's Foot Soap....comes in an orange box with individual packets...Use 2 for the whole body. Use a bath pillow, so you can lay back comfortably. I promise this works well! Plus relaxing, so between your meds and this, you might just be able to sleep.

I'm so sorry you're suffering so badly. Could it be the change of seasons hitting all of us so hard?

I totally envy you your methadone! LOL All I can get is darvocet...and I literally can't even tell I took it unless I also take 2 ultram...then it barely even touches (let alone relieves) the pain..

Finally..this is so hard when you're hurting, but if you can do it...makes a big difference. Deep breathing hyperoxygenating technique. I think Storymyskye taught me...

Breathe in through nose deep for 4 seconds
    Hold breath deep in lungs for 7 seconds
    Breathe out through tightly pursed lips for 8 seconds....when done with breathing out, you should have no air left...

Start over.

Don't do this for longer than 5 minutes or so at a time, or you'll get lightheaded. This breathing works GREAT in the bath.

I hope you feel better, hon!!!!
    hugs,
    Rachel
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

Wait...Klonopin and Zanaflex actually help your pain?!

I take 1 mg of klonopin at night to get sleepy...no way does it help pain.

And I'm now on 12 mgs of Zanaflex a day...does nothing for me!

Why on earth don't these things work for me! LOL...I know we're all different, but cymbalta doesn't seem to help my pain, nor ultram, nor darvocet....what on earth?>! lol
  10. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Great ideas! I actually did take a nice hot epsom salt bath last night. Was out of peroxide and no one was home.

And yes, you can help furnish the cave if you'd like! I'm not big on decorating, so I'll let you run wild!!

You all take care and hopefully, tonight will be MUCH better! Otherwise, No, I wouldn't, 'cause I know that God will NOT give me more than I can handle. And He will be with me through everything. That helps more than anything else!!

I'm off to put some smelly stuff on my shoulders!!! PG
  11. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I have been horrific pain for the past month or so, horrible, isn't it?

I can't think of a single part of my body that doesn't hurt. Headaches have been merciless -- spine is on fire w/pain, same with arms and hips...

All my bones hurt to the marrow. The rest of me either aches or is a dull throb. And that's on a good day!

I had my monthly doc appointment today, I was going to give him a rational and orderly list of my symptoms. When it came time to talk, it was all I could do to not cry...

He saw, at least, how bad the pain does get. This time he didn't give me any 'warnings' about trying to go easy on the meds. Guess there is a silver lining for everything.

Big Foot sounds like a plan!! I usually tell dh that I'm going to apply for the job of speed-bump -- on a very well travelled highway!! A bit morose, perhaps, but sometimes I think it just might hurt less... LOL (sorta)

Love & blessings
    Mar