I'm in so much pain lately,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tut90, Dec 16, 2008.

1. tut90

tut90 Member

Since Thanksgiving day, I have been in pain, but I pushed myself to do most of the cooking, and now I'm paying for it. Before that I was doing pretty good, thinking, hey I might not have fibro, it could just have been the arthritis and the bursitits acting up. I have been in denial lately, hoping this awful disease or syndrome will go away. Everyday, I wake up stiff and in pain all over my body, and no medication really takes it away. At times I go back to bed to see if I could sleep and wake up without the pain, but the noise in my ears drives me crazy, it sounds like I have crickets inside my head, I just can't fall asleep.

I live in Florida, my husband and I moved here five years ago, and since then I'm feeling that I came here to have a slow death. From day one the pain in my joints from the arthritis would make me cry. The weather lately has been so humid, and that's what I think is causing all this pain again.

I was diagnosed with FM about four months ago. I don't work anymore, and I think of the people with FM that have to get up everyday to go to work and I feel so sorry for them and wonder how they are able to do it, because most of the times it takes hours, for me to get ready to go anywhere, and when I finish I'm so exhausted and in pain.

I'm lucky that my daughters followed us to Florida, and they have been doing most of the holiday shopping and cooking for us lately.

Wishing you all better days, I think we deserve them,

2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hey Tut90,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. The barametric pressure is probably what is getting to you. I used to think it was funny when old people would say, "It is going to rain soon, my knees are acting up". I don't think they were pulling my leg. :) I can feel it these days. It's raining here in Atlanta and going from 42 as the high to 65 as the high in a week. My body is not happy with mother nature right now.

I work full time and I wonder sometimes how I get through the flares... It's because of my family and my boss. He has been very understanding and compassionate. I'm only 28 and I think sometimes he treats me the way he would like for his daughters to be treated if they were sick. I am incredibly lucky. Keep getting up and moving around. It may be tough but I think it's good for us mentally... Hopefully this flare will end for you soon.

Its wonderful that you have your girls down there close by to help. That's what family is for... Take it easy over Christmas. Get lots of rest and enjoy as much of it as you can.

Happy Holidays!

3. tut90

tut90 Member

thank you for your reply. I am able to talk to my family and they are very understanding, but I know that only the people that are going through the same thing really understand what this pain is like. I do try to keep moving and doing some chores. I'm also able to predict the weather, by the pain in my body.

You are very lucky to have such an understanding boss, he must know how valuable an employee you are.

Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday season,

4. tut90

tut90 Member

I'm going to look for more information about MSM. I've seen some other posts, and people are claiming that it might be too strong on the stomach, I already have a sensitive one.

Thank you,

5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

This has been a major issue for all of us no matter where we live this year. It seems to be the worst it has ever been.

I have tried living in MO., FL,. AZ,. and I now live in WA. and can tell you that it does not seem to matter, I am bad wherever I have lived.

I think this has been a weird weather year nation wide.
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I totally understand where you're coming from!

I wake up 'stuck' in the position I was sleeping in. As soon as I open my eyes my legs ACHE like crazy. I hate it. =(

The 'denial' is part of the FM ride. I think some of us still think either we don't really have that, we have something worse, we never really had that to begin with so on and so on...

The weather definitely plays a part! But who knows what kind of weather. I can always tell and have always been able to tell when it's going to rain - ever since I was younger.

You certainly are blessed to have your girls near you. You're a very lucky Mom. We have my Mom nearby and I feel SO fortunate - we love her so.

I work, as a matter of fact, I work a few different jobs. I am tired, stressed and in tears a lot because of how tired I am. I have no choice right now. I too, have a fabulous boss at my main job - very understanding, but I try to go above and beyond so that my Fibro never becomes an issue - EVER.

Wishing you a pain free day and lots of rest!!
  7. BeansMom

BeansMom New Member

Hi - just wanted to say "hello" to a neighbor..I'm also in Atlanta and 28!! Very strange/comforting to know someone my age also with Fibro.

Have you found a good doctor? I have a rheumatologist...going for my 2nd visit next week. He's okay, too early to tell I think.

You are right about the humidity. My lower back has been on "fire" this week and just feeling "blah." That's good news about your boss - I work for a small company and both of my supervisors have been really good with understanding my flares.

Hope you have wonderful holidays!

8. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi BeansMom,

I'm happy you found a good Rheumy. I go to Dr. Elizabeth Butler. She is very confident and has been doing this for 25 years. My GP Jeff Rollins referred me to her. They are the only two doctors in ATL that have really taken the time to help me. I've just seen Jeff today. He almost cries when he finds something new wrong. Today he had to check my liver and gall bladder. Something in that area is swelling. :( But at least he cares and knows what to test for. These doctors are both at Crawford Long. The have great doctors there. Who are you seeing?

That's great about your supervisors. I think working for a small company in our situation is the key. People really get to know you and understand you're not faking or just wimpy. :) I love working, I'm really type A "go get 'em" personality. I hope I never have to quite working.

What does "Beansmom" stand for? Your kid or dog?? I have a 90 lb retriever that is so good for me. I'm not married but I live with my boyfriend. He's having a tough time with all this lately. He's said, "It's just a lot." I can understand where he's coming from... I think we'll get through this once my hormones level out.

Wow... I got a little chatty... Hope your back isn't hurting too badly today. I hate that you have to deal with this but you're right... It is nice to know there is someone out there like me.

Nice to meet you,