I'm In Trouble

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ranigar, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Today is our 36th Wedding Anniversary and I'm having hip to toe pain especially by evening.I've already said no to going out anywhere if he takes the afternoon off and no to supper out so how am I going to get through an evening without complaining and crying with intolerable pain? I'm so worried about this.He's so supportive I just can't put that look on his face,you know the one.
    I have permanent neuropathy in my legs and Cymbalta has been working since Jan.it's 60mg.Sun. I noticed more leg pain but for a couple weeks I've woken up all night with numbness in feet and legs and a feeling in my legs like bloodflow is restricted.No deep sleep now for 2wks.with lots of dreams and waking up.I see Rheumy next wk.but does this sound like a flare!
    I was doing so good except for sleep that I thought I might be going into remission which is silly I know.I've tried Neurontin and it worked a week and made me a nut case.I just wish I could pull off this one day.Just to sit next to him instead of me upstairs in bed watching TV and him downstairs just a little attention and romance that's all I want to be able to give him.What bad timing to go downhill.Thanks for letting me vent we'll see how it goes.
  2. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

You know what would be a nice anniversary gift for both of you? See if both of you could get in for a massage somewhere. That would be great for both of you. He could take the afternoon off and you could have a nice massage and nice dinner at home(take out of course)
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

That's a very nice idea and a girlfriend is a massage therapist I've gone to.I bet she'ld be happy to take us on short notice.He just sent me roses so thanks to you i'll surprise him back.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

What a wonderful idea: massages for each of you. If you have some candles why not light them, too.

nyrofan
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I understand how you feel

Tomorrow is my husband's 50th birthday and he is taking off work, and I HOPE I have a decent day

Today I am in and out of bed with a migraine
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Don't be afraid to reschedule to another date. The actual date IS important, but so is feeling good enough to celebrate.

If your hubby would be ok with it, you could reschedule and maybe go out this weekend. Or do a nice take-in dinner on a date when you are feeling better.

I had to reschedule Thanksgiving last year! I was in a flare and felt terrible. My family was fine with it, and we had Thanksgiving on Friday! It was much nicer, and the actual date didn't matter. What a difference a day made!

Happy Anniversary! (The massage ideas are great, too!)
  7. leubie

leubie New Member

Dear Ranigar, I just read your post---------I was left in tears--------mt own marriage did not survive fibro---------------although I do not know if I ever put this much emotion and thought/LOVE into it--------maybe show your hubbie what you have written b/c it was filled w/ LOVE AND FROM YOUR HEART-------GOOD LUCK---------IHOPE EVERTHING TURNS OUT RIGHT FOR YOU-BOTH OF YALL--------------LOVE TO ALL----------LAURA
  8. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Happy Anniversary!!

I hope it all went well. Your husband sounds very supportive. I know how much pressure events can put on us when we cannot predict how we'll feel from day to day. The emotional piece of being sick is equally as hard as all of the physical symptoms.

Great idea on the massages (loved TwinMa's suggestions as well) -- I hope you both enjoyed your day and each other :)

scapper
  9. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

I hope all is well
  10. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Thank-you all for your posts I appreciate it.I rested most of the day and he didn't get home early and was as tired as meLOL!We ate KFC with my live-in FIL and had a nice evening no stress.I worried for nothing.My friend will make time for a massage anytime I feel up to it so I will definitely still do that.My DH and I have been together since 7th grade so we know each other very well.This DD robs you of so much I just need a little help coming up with new or different ways of doing things and that's what I love about this board so thanks for helping me out.
  11. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Could you have a nice meal catered and delivered? A very special treat if you can afford it.

So sorry for your pain,
    be better soon,
    Love, Barry.
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think that sounds good too.

I know what you mean about meds making you lose it though. Been there, done that. Finally took 2mg valium last night and woke up(yes I finally slept) in a rage and have been bubbling aLL day.

Have a nice anniversary, even if it means watching the sunset together.

Love Anne Crom