I'm itchin', anybody else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Aug 19, 2003.

1. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

I have a rash, that itches, sometimes, and sometimes not. It is on the outside of both arms. I'm wondering if I'm allergic to something at work? Or maybe I got it mowing the yard? (It's also on the top of one leg...weird!) Itching is nothing new, My skin is so dry I'm sure I'll never die, but just flake away!

anything else it could be?

sumbuni
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I itch all the time, too. Sometimes there's a rash, and sometimes not. Sometimes I get huge welts where I scratch, and sometimes not. Sometimes I itch everywhere, and sometimes only on my lower legs. I think it's allergies, but who knows? I've noticed a lot of people on this board have problems with itching. Some have figured out why, and others are still going crazy with it. I think mine is some seasonal outdoor allergy, as it's always far worse this time of year. But I have yet to figure out the cause. Good luck!
  3. patsull

patsull New Member

I have itchiness on the back of my head (scalp) that comes and goes. Some days it drives me crazy, other days it is not bad at all. I attribute this to the Diabetes but I could be wrong, maybe it is allergies since it just started this summer. Anyone else with intermitent itching. They say that people with Diabetes itch alot because their skin cells aren't as healthy as they should be. What a pain. Does anyone know what you can use to ease the itching? It can't be greasy because I can't go to work with greasy hair. Thanks

Patsull
  4. mom2anj

mom2anj New Member

I get all kinds of rashes, hives, etc. My skin will swell up (angioedema) if it is bumped or hit hard too. I also have what the dr calls "dermographia" where you can scratch my skin and a line will appear. I've had the rashes ever since I was pregnant with my second child which was 5 years ago. There was a time I itched so bad I thought I'd go crazy but they have gotten a lot better now - don't know why. I often wonder if it is a Candida or yeast problem causing the rashes?

Take care!

mom2anj
  5. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Hi Sumbuni (love that name) Im always itching. I scratched the top of my leg yesterday and today there is a massive bruise there. It seems to jump about from one part of my body to another. its making me itch just thinking about it - yikes!!

Chrissy x
  6. catsii

catsii New Member

and have been itching this round for about a month or so. I'm not talking the rashes..but just itch! My legs, arms,back, face..are all driving me crazy ! I have no allergies. I do not have dry skin but always use moisturizers anyway to protect myself. I'm not flaky...just plain ole itchy! I believe with me it's stress. Few years ago when i was seeing dermotologist regularly, i was itching..he wrote me rx..which stopped these itches and about a year ago i was itching and told my internist that dermotologist gave me a rx for itch and it was letters..internists said was it blah blah? yep it was.
    He laughed..said that is a type of tranquilizer...some mild form..well i didn't care...said give it to me again ! Now i'm needing it once again !
    Good luck,
    catsii
  7. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

off and on for years. You know the bug that crawles on one spot for days? Yep, that one. and then the days when one spot itches until i scratch it,then it moves some place else. I've lost lots of sleep with these fellows for company. Other nites it's been the tingly crawlies, or the tingly itches, or....you get the drift. Sometimes not at all, sometimes all of it, or one or two...I think it's how I get my exercise...

This is a rash, and mostly on my upper arms, but also some on the lower arm. I wear sleeveless shirts to work, or when I mow. It surely must be ANOTHER alergy!

smubuni
  8. jofla

jofla New Member

Sometimes my head will itch to the point of embarrassment expecially if I am out in public. The worst of the itching though is not on my skin but more underneath the skin within the muscles. Pretty weird.

Jo