I'm just sitting here off the northern SC coast.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Sep 11, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

and a storm is offshore. Just sitting there. Churning.....

I feel as though someone has each arm and each leg and they are pulling and pushing me around in a barrel.

If I didn't hurt so much I'd laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

You guys who live inland don't know what you're missing!!

abbylee
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I hope you come through this OK! I'll say a prayer for you guys on the eastern seaboard that this storm isn't nearly as bad as Katrina.

Keep us posted if you can...

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Thank you for your replies and your sympathy. I need all the help I can get right now.

Moving here from mid-state NC made quite a difference in my pain.

But for the view.....I'd move back!!

abbylee
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My son is a sophmore at College of Charleston. I do worry about him but he has a good head on his sholders and a car. If they cancel classes he will head home to Atlanta. Take Care and good luck maybe this one will fizzle out! Lynn
  5. abbylee

abbylee New Member

For the past few minutes I've been sitting on the porch watching the trees blow in the wind. It's so quiet, except for the trees, and so peaceful.

How could something so relaxing hurt so much? I can feel the rhythm (?) pressure change (?), I don't know how to describe it, but I feel my muscles moving certain ways in response to the direction of the wind. There are patterns to the wind - I hope this makes sense - and the patterns can be sedating while the pull is hurting.

Or something like that.

abbylee
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

The governor has asked for voluntary evacuation eact of the waterway.

I guess things will be painful here for another couple of days.

Don't know why the storm won't move on.

abbylee
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

We're fine. A little wet and windblown but fine. The pressure changes are still driving me crazy with pain but the storm is finally moving away. The last 48 hours have been murder on my pain and I'm looking forward to a break.

I have family in Wilmington, too, and spoke with them earlier. They have no power. They heard the transformer (sp) blow and the power was gone.

Several years ago I was in a town with a hurricane and the power company turned the power off a couple of hours before the storm arrived. They save a lot of equipment that way!!

Thanks so much for asking...

abbylee

8. fificat

fificat New Member

So I know what you're going throw and what you're feeling. I use to love to sit on my front porch and watch the trees and let the wind blow threw my hair. Just to feel the energy of the storm. Its something you just can't explain. I just moved up to Delaware a few months ago but I know its sounds funny but i'm glad this this is the only strom i'm missing. I'll be there for the next. My dad has a house about 3 blocks from the beach. Enjoy it for me too.

Sharlie