I'm Leaving, Sort Of

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got a new phone which allows me to access my e-mail. I can use the web too but I doubt I will considering the phone is so small. I will likely make the trip to the library and use their wifi about once a week if I need to. Sooooo, dear friends, I will not be checking the boards nearly as often nor posting as often.

This board has wonderful people who are generous and caring and I will miss everyone but I won't be gone completely. Please know that I will continue to pray for all of us and our loved ones.

Love, Mikie
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Please do keep in touch!
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am absolutely in awe how my daughter's email each other with such speed. I think trying to figure out he letters would put me on sensory overload.

I suppose it is like anything, it take practice.

Glad to hear that you will have access to the library but I know how sometimes getting there can be hard for us with this DD.

Hope to see your postings.

If you figure out how to do the text messaging with these phones, let us know. LOL!!

Take care.

4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

no you you will be very badly missed.
    Keep checking the boards & do keep in touch thanks for all your hard work it is very much appreciated.
    Take care wont you.
    May god bless you & yours.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll be around for a bit until I learn how to use the phone and get rid of my cable access.

I am pretty good at texting but with this phone, you have the QWERTY keyboard. It's like the iPhone with a touchtone screen. Pretty nifty.

Thanks again for all your kindness. I'll be posting for a bit but just wanted y'all to know that eventually, I won't be here as much.

Love, Mikie
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, NO, you cannot. I know, I know, we're not supposed to tell others what to do, but this is different.

We cannot live without you, so you cannot do this to us...

Well, yes, I suppose you can...IF you get thyself to a library on a regular basis, or learn how to work the darn phone right away!

Seriously, I will miss you terribly; I always look for you, so please, please, do what I have done: grab a nabor or friend to teach you all about the phone and use it just for us, LOL!

Hope to hear from you regularly...

7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Good luck with using your phone - don't stay away too long! You are needed on this board --

8. jmq

jmq New Member

I am so sad that you will not be here as often. I am glad you are not completely leaving. You have been there for so many of us. Please do not forget to stay in contact!!!

9. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

You have too much knowledge and are too good of help to leave us.
  10. ladude

ladude New Member

Leo Lapport The Tech guy suggests to keep new phones working well it is important to keep them clean by washing them at least once a month. Just take out the battery and use a soapy sponge then rinse it under the faucet. It really helps!

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hated to post this because I'm not really leaving permanently. It's just that the little phone isn't the best way to read on the web. It does fine for my e-mails, though. I'll just have to make a practice of stopping at the library a couple of times a week to catch up.

I'll miss all y'all and hanging out here more often but, like so many of us, I have to trim my cash outflow where I can. I would never have bought such an expensive phone but I got two discounts on it, great discounts on the accessories I needed for it, and 20 percent off my monthly service charges. That means that my phone bill won't change, even with the addition of internet access and I can drop the cable fast connect for a net gain.

These dadburn newfangled machines can do so many things now that we have to constantly decide where we are going to receive our services from. In the beginning, all we had was dial up with a land line. Then, came cable fast connect and land line DSL. Now, the phones can do it.

I just had to do some computer based training at work. It's amazing how many of our employees haven't ever used computers. They really struggle with the training. For those of us who do use the gadgets, it's an ongoing process just to keep one step ahead of technology. Of course, in a week, I will be one step behind technology.

I was having problems getting online. Well, I finally called Verizon and the guy forgot to add the internet feature. Oy! Using all the features of the phone is hard enough without that kind of frustration. In the end, we got it straightened out and I'm now reading my e-mails and sending text messages to other phones and e-addresses. The rest of it is stuff I already know how to do.

You guys are the greatest and have touched my heart with your responses. I'll be online on the computer for a while yet until I get this all straightened out. Prayers, hugs and love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  12. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Best wishes with your new more mobile lifestyle, Mikie!

Thank you for telling us before you go to making fewer appearances here.

13. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I know you are not gone, just changing your access.

It goes without saying that you have made a hugh difference in my life. Your posts are always informative and uplifting. Somehow I felt your posts were from a very wise soul.

Good luck with your new phone. My new one(1 year old) does tons of stuff, but my brain never figured it all out. I am sure you will do better.

Hope to hear from you soon. Until then, enjoy your healthy days!!
  14. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Your expert advice and good common sense will be missed. Hope you can check in from time to time....

16. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I hope your frequent visits to the library allow the librarians to increase their annual or monthly count of patron visits & computer use!

The public libraries are really for the public.

please stay in touch, your comments & experiences really mean so much to all of us.

very best thoughts to you
  17. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

sending you heaps of hugs and love and better health everyday

Take care and come as often as you can

angel hugs and blessings

18. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Hugs Mikie, we will miss you heaps as you have been such a helpful contributor to the board x
  19. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I understand fully, we are having economic recession here too and its getting worse every day.

If you can find a way to ease the load on your finances then you have to do it.

I look forward to hearing from you when you can post, you will be very much missed here. I have loads of respect for you Mikie.

20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You guys are the best. I still have the internet access from my computer until I am fully able to use the phone and can haul my arse down to return the TV boxes to Comcast. Right now, I'm just coming out of a bit of a flare from horrible allergies. All I've been able to do is work and sleep. Today, for the first time, I feel a bit better.

When I was so so very sick, constant researching of treatments was vital to my recovery. It still is but not at the intense level of prior years. Also, my life centered around the TV. It distracted me from my pain and kept my mind busy when my body was too tired to move. I'll bet that in a month or so, I won't miss having all this. There are still ways to keep in touch here through the library (think I'll go today). I find that I'm usually using only the basic channels on my TV and don't need the extra ones. By Nov., when they switch to all digital, the pictures will be near-HD quality except for live sports.

My life has changed as the healing has occured. I really need to expand in new directions and not continue to let my life revolve around the TV. I love reading and the library will likely open up even more areas for me. I've felt restless lately and the old things in my life just aren't doing it for me any more. I still love coming here and that won't change but I'll likely not visit quite as often.

Perhaps as I shift my focus away from myself and my illnesses, there will be amazing changes. That is kind of what I'm feeling. I'll let y'all know how this is going but it will likely be a subtle change over time.

As always, hugs, prayers, and love to everyone.

Love, Mikie