I'm liking Ultracet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by XKathiX, Dec 12, 2005.

1. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

My doc prescribed 2 pills every 8 hours as needed. I found 2 knocked me on my butt - which is VERY unusual I can take all kinds of pills and they never effect me that way.

So I had Friday and today off to make for a very long weekend. Today I took 1 pill every 4 hours instead. I cleaned my bathroom, kitchen, and my floors. My floors were sooooo bad, hadn't cleaned them in a couple of months. At first I thought I was able to do it because I rested all weekend, but the pills must be working because even after resting I usually can't do all that.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't pay tomorrow, but boy it was so nice to be able to do something. Never thought I would be excited about cleaning :)

-Kathi
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

so glad to hear that the ultracet is working for you. I have heard others say the same. I know that you are pleased to know that something will help you!!

I can't take it. I took one pill and threw up for two days and weak for two more.

I can't take anything that is really helpful. The best thing so far that works is flextra, and if it doesn't work I take a injection of torodal.

Mama
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

They work pretty good for me. Be careful about constipa-tion. If you are experiencing that, just eat a bowl of raisin bran. My doctor let me have two 3 times a day. She was very compassionate.
    The doctors I have now? No one can accuse them of being compassionate.
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i was just prescribed ultram and it seemed to stop working after a couple days of great relief?? now i'm wondring if it was the chiro adjustment the doc gave me instead of the meds! perhaps it's just a lull and the relief will come back. i felt no pain for a good 48 hours.

eddie
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

My rheumy told me I could take two 3 times a day, too, but I usually don't. Normally, I take 2-4 a day for a few to several days at a time. Only when needed, although PCP told me that the way Ultram works, it takes 2-3 doses to be at its most effective. So, if you can anticipate when you will feel bad (sometimes we can!), start taking it the day before.

I think it does make me nauseated once in awhile, but not often enough that I definitely know it is from that. Plus, the pharmacy gets it from different manufacturers, so the inactive ingredients - which I guess can cause side effects - differ.
  6. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I couldn't do without my tramadol (ultram)! I basically got my life back! I can pretty much do what I could before FMS, just in moderation. I find that 2 is too many and 1 not enough, so I actually take 1 1/2 every 7 hours and don't take it at night, as it kind of keeps me awake!

Glad it is working for you! Take care, Sally
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I found that Ultracet worked pretty well on my muscle pain, too -- in addition to the nerve pain. My doc decided to try Effexor for me, though, and it doesn't mix with the Ultracet safely... so I'm back to good old vicodin for now.
  8. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

what do you take for the constipation? i recently went 72 hours without a BM.

eddie
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

try oatbran.. (on the top shelf above the oatmeal) 1/2 a cup every morning by directions.. mix with applesauce.. down some prune juice and eat figs and dates.. My gastro doc says if everyone would do this there would be no such thing as constipation! You may want to add an over the counter stool softener for the first few days till your body adjusts to the additional fiber!
    My guy takes Tramadal for his shoulder.. he has the same reaction you do.. when I take it, it helps take the edge off the pain but I don't get the energy spurts that he does.. Hope it lasts for you Kathi!