I'm looking for a Man named Richvank

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mylilcappi, Oct 16, 2010.

1. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

If you see this post, I was reading another post you made several years ago about Glutathione or immunocal and raising ACTH. I started taking immunocal today. However, I have a high Igf-1 and igf-2. Nobody can figure out why. I have been tested for acromegaly, and I do not have this disease. I suppressed GH on my test. BUT, I have been reading where Glutathione or immunocal can raise IGF levels. Do you have any input on this?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2010]
  2. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Thank you.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

come to the right place. Rick is both knowledgeable and helpful.

4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Do a search for him there.

I wish you could send me some of your IGF-1 -- LOL! I'm very low and do shots. I wish I had an answer on why it could be high too. Are you hands swollen? Feet? This is one of the dreaded side effects of supplementation.
  5. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

I'm sorry you are low and have to take shots. No, my hands and feet are not swollen.
    When you supplement, do your hands and feet get swollen? What is wrong? Do you have low or high growth hormone? What's going on with you? What does supplementing IGF do for you? Sorry, for not understanding, I'm just the opposite. I can't find a doctor to save my life (almost literally) who will help me with this. Eight endocrinologists are just ignoring this, and it is not to be ignored. Mine won't go down. Well, this immunocal that I ordered, is supposed to raise that so I read in several different places.

Thank you very much munch. I have no idea how to do that on facebook. (duh) I know.
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Let him know you have a question. He is a friend of a friend on FB and I can send him
    a message.

7. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, mylilcappi.

You found me. I'm out of town for a while, and for a while I will never know when I will be able to get on the internet, because we are trying to get some work done on a house for my son and his wife.

I'm away from most of my medical library, too, at the moment, so it will be some time before I could look into this in much detail. I work primarily on CFS, and people with CFS tend to be low in growth hormone and hence in IGF, so high IGF is not something I've studied before.

You wrote that you were tested for acromegaly, and were found not to have it, and that your GH is suppressed. As I recall, IGF is secreted by the liver in response to GH from the pituitary. If your GH is low and your IGF is high, that seems to suggest that the liver is responsible. Have you had any tests run on your liver, such as an ultrasound exam, MRI or CT scan? How about liver function enzymes in a standard blood metabolic panel?

Best regards,

8. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Thank you very much for responding. My liver enzymes are good. AST ALT are good. I am looking into this further with a doctor. In the meantime, I am going to lay off immunocal as I read it raises IGF 1. Thank you so much for responding. you seem to be very well educated in this matter.