I'm losing the battle ......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lexied, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I have been trying SO hard for SO long to keep a positive attitude and not dwell on my pain and circumstances but lately I'm not doing well at it AT ALL. Every day I wake up and it's the same thing... a day filled with pain and an empty house. Sometimes it's more than I can take ... I don't want to make my husband worry any more than he already does so I'm trying not to let my emotions show... but THAT'S not working either. My pain medicine doesn't seem to work any more - I feel like I am ON FIRE on the inside and I'm going to come out of my skin. I'm having one of my "Spells" now... Sweat is just pouring off my scalp and down my face ... I can feel it going down my back and legs ... I feel like I've GOT to rip everything off and get in a shower of ice cold water. I don't have the energy for that - or anything else! It has been a week and a half since I have been out - and that was to go to the drive thru at CVS for a prescription. Don't know WHY I bother with that ... it doesn't work. I'm tired of trying to tell everyone I am going downhill fast - tired of trying to knock some sense it to my "Pain Management" Doctor that my pain is NOT being managed!! He might as well be putting bandaids on me - that would probably be just as effective.
    I just don't know how much longer I can fight.....

Lex
  2. sujay

sujay New Member

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. Please make sure your husband and your doctor both know how much trouble you're having. You definitely need better pain relief, and form the description of your pain, because it sounds like it has a large neurogenic component )"burning" is a real tip-off) I hope you're on something like Neurontin, in adequate doses. Most people find relief at 600-1200 mg THREE times a day, taken around the clock. You may have to start slowly and build up gradually, but you'll get used to the drowsiness IF YOU TAKE IT REGULARLY. Just a suggestion, and maybe it's already been tried. Good luck! I hope you'll be able to post again soon and let us know you're doing better, but let us know how you're doing either way. (Please include my name somewhere in your message so I'll be sure to keep track of how you're coming along.)

Sujay
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I just want to say I understand how hard it is. Nobody should have to suffer like we do. Why, I ask myself do we have to go through all this.

I`ve been having a hard time with my pain also. I also think the pain meds aren`t doing that much. And I hate taking all these pills.

I`m praying that by some miracle, they`ll find something that will help us. Until then, just hang on day by day... minute by minute if you have to. I feel an answer will come.
  4. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I hear you I used to have atleast 1 or 2 half way descent days. No More..I mean descent for us... I have tried so much,treatments, on so many vit., supps,etc. Good diet for most part for yrs. now. It is just too frustrating and the older I get the harder the fight to keep up the spirits...

I feel for you and all who are suffering. We do not allow animals live like this...Remember it is caled Animal Cruelty, what about Human Cruelty.

I often wonder how some of these health care pro`s sleep,without wanting to do whatever they can to try to help. Just grips my already quite nauseated gut....

Hugggssss