I'm lost--I just need to talk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lazy_Susan, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I hope I'm not repeating myself here, my apologies if I am. I don't want sympathy because so many others are so much worse off than I. I just need to talk.

I came from the medical profession and had to stop because things got so bad with fibro and spinal and leg pain. I've been out of work for four years now and am a step away from becoming homeless. I'm so lost I don't know what to do. I feel I should be able to do at least a medical receptionist job but I get in a fog and can't stay focused and you can't survive patients, doctors and nurses demands like that, believe me, I've been there. But while my physical problems are bad enough to keep me down, they're not apparent enough to doctors to help me. I almost feel like I need someone to hold my hand and lead me out of this but I know that's not going to happen. Has anyone been this lost and got out of it? If so, how?
  2. momof27

momof27 New Member

I THINK ALL OF US HAVE BEEN IN THIS SAME BOAT OVER AND OVER AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HAVE OFTEN WISHED THERE COULD JUST BE SOMEONE HERE TO GUIDE ME BUT I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF ALONE THATS WHY THIS BOARD HAS BEEN A FRIEND I FIND NO PLACE ELSE I REALLY HOPE YOU FEEL FREE TO TALK TO US THIS HAS BEEN MY STRENGTH SOOO MANY TIMES. MOM
  3. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

Hi and thank you for talking to me. While I'm always sorry to hear others are suffering, I'm almost sorry to say I'm also always relieved to know there's someone who really understands. I try to come here more but I get so overwhelmed with some of the answers and following through with things is particularly difficult--even if it's for my benefit. I can't stay focused on something as simple as reading and that leads to beating myself up or depression and on and on...I'm scared to death of becoming a burden to loved ones. But I am determined. I haven't given up yet. I just feel like I'm on the verge sometimes. I even tried drinking a few times to numb the back pain (I can't afford the costly pain meds so I dipped into some margarita mix I have for special occasions) but I can't even tolerate the alcohol so it was of no help. I did have an MRI a couple weeks ago and am still waiting to hear from my doctor on that. I had no idea it took this long.
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam here and I care!

and also I understand!

There are so many of us here that suffer financial losses directly related to this dd!

My husband and I are behind 1 month in our mortgage which is just the norm for us now that I have been so sick and unable to work full time...it never was like this before I got so sick...

I had impeccable credit and paid my bills like a responsible person...BUT now Iam still responsible but Iam just too sick....

Like you Iam determined but often ask myself why....I feel like in the end we are going to lose our home and bottom like is that it is MY fault because Iam sick!

If I were not I would be working full time and we would not be struggling!
    It is hard to carry this burdeon...it truly is!

I also understand about drinking it just makes us poisoned so it is no use..

Lazy can you get medications through medi-cal?

There are so many programs to help people with their medication costs....

If you would like me to do a search for you I would be happy to do it for you..in fact I will just go do it....and post it here later so be looking for it ok?:)

In the meantime please post to me anytime you need a shoulder ...........there is no reason for you to go through this alone when you have me and so many here that care!

You are a good person with a good heart and that is what you need to try to always remember even when you feel down

PLEASE feel better my friend better days are ahead.....I pray your MRI comes back normal and that you will let me know how your doing!

Iam thinking of you, praying for you, and sending you big hugs

Doxy:)
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I can't imagine being in your shoes.
    The pain, job loss and so much more, is a hard load to carry,it seems too much for one person to handle by themself.
    Are you alone at home re. family, friends etc.?
    I have been down some pretty deep holes myself and the only thing that I could do, was to keep on keeping on.
    I read a post on the Chit Chat boad that said something like,"you are the best person there is", just try and remember that there is no one better that you.
    Love and every best wish from Denamay
  6. rigby

rigby New Member

I know your feelings they have been mine on many a day. So tired and hurting but must do things that other people want do. Now I am trying to get things done since IKE hit us. Things are so slow with me doing them car is broke credit still bad from when I could no longer work and then husband got layed off. But with patience things seem to improve.
  7. Tammy H

Tammy H New Member

What does citrus do to you? Is it bad for fibro?
    Tammy