I'm new and glad to be here....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynnmom, Oct 2, 2002.

1. lynnmom

lynnmom New Member

I'm new to the group. I've seen some helpful information here. I'm glad to know that others are dealing with the same symptoms in promising and positive ways.My main concern is the constant pain in my life. I take several meds for this and I have a great dr. who listens to me...but I still get annoyed at what my life is like now. I feel old some days...that's for sure. I look forward to chatting with some of you in the future.

lynnmom
  2. lynnmom

lynnmom New Member

I'm new to the group. I've seen some helpful information here. I'm glad to know that others are dealing with the same symptoms in promising and positive ways.My main concern is the constant pain in my life. I take several meds for this and I have a great dr. who listens to me...but I still get annoyed at what my life is like now. I feel old some days...that's for sure. I look forward to chatting with some of you in the future.

lynnmom
  3. SickKitty

SickKitty New Member

Hi there,

I am new too. I found this board today, and find it is great. I was diagnoised last week with FM, but have had chronic health conditions since taking herbal suppliments in 1995. My health and life was robbed from me when I was 22. I feel so alone most days. I wonder if I will ever fall in love again, or wake up feeling refreshed. I can't talk to my family about my health because it stresses them out. Instead of being a support system for me, I feel like I am a burden. I don't have any real friends who I can lean on either. Work is a nightmare. Somedays my cat is the only joy in my life. Finding this website was wonderful though because at leastI know I am not alone in my suffering.

You are lucky that your dr gave you meds for pain control. When I asked for some I was told nothing would help! Basically I have had to suffer through all my flare ups. I feel like I am 90 years old most days! I hope these boards help us both find some inner peace and coping skills. :)
  4. lynnmom

lynnmom New Member

I know words aren't much help. But I have found a wealth of information for both myself and those close to me to aid in understanding FM in Devin Starnyl's book on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofacial Pain (CMP). It is very good and will help your family/friends to better understand what is going on with you. She is an excellent source for many questions that I have come up with over the last few months...since being diagnosed. I know she also has a lot of info posted on this site as well.
    Good luck to you and happy reading!
    I hope you are able to get some support from your family...if not though, you can always get it here!

lynnmom
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Yes, I've found so much info here (kinda overwhelming at first!! lol) that has really helped me a lot. I love the search messages feature here...just type in a symptom or med & you'll be given all the members posts on that topic.

Look forward to seeing more of your posts. Take care. Michele
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Welcome to everyone that's new here. I can't get to all of the newbies posts to say hi individually. Extremely exhausted today, as I had two job interviews. That about has done me in. So, this is the last note...welcome to all. dolsgirl