I'm new and have some questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pineneedles, Nov 14, 2005.

1. pineneedles

pineneedles New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm new at this so please be patient and show me around!

First - a background. I was diagnosed, 2 months ago, with recent and chronic mono. I went to the doctor for something else, just mentioned that I was tired as an after-thought, and this is what the test result showed. I have felt like this for years, so I thought everyone else did, too.

Now - some questions. What do I do about physical exercise? Sometimes I feel good afterwards, and sometimes I don't. Any info about what may be going on??

Anyone ever had a problem with eyelashes falling out?

I had a thyroid test done, thinking that was the problem, but the tests came back OK.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I was diagnosed with Mono over 10 years ago and just never got completely better.. Now.. the 1st year my mono was so severe that I was on full bed rest. Never getting fully better led to the diagnosis of CFS and then later I developed Fibro. Now.. If you have mono you are going to be exhausted and the doctor told me to go to bed and stay there! It takes time to get better..
    Now, with the combo of cfs/fibro my rhumie tells me gentle excercize 3 days a week for at least 1/2 hour.. walking and stretching. I do find that I feel better if I do resistance band stretching as it helps loosen up my aching muscles. Now with cfs though.. I can't over do the excersize thing or I flare up.

I used to have thick luxurious eyelashes.. now you can barely see them with Mascara..

Most of my labs come out ok.. once in a while I'll have a raised ESR and I usually have a slightly elevated RA factor.. Most of us though have nothing show up on our labs..
    Welcome aboard and look around.. if you have questions post them.. if you are looking for general information I find a lot by useing the search feature.
    You may want to fill out your profile so we can get to know you..
    Hugs!
    dona