I'm new and I was told yesterday I have this whatever it is....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I'm 39 and this is all new to me. I was told by a doc that he thinks there is something more with my problem other then the fact that I have bad tremurs. I have had every test except a lumbra puncture which is probably next..does this hurt anyone know?? Just wondering...Anyways I'm just confused and feel that I dont have control of my life now. I have been off work for two months and I probably wont be going back cause I'm so weak, I cant even go to the store without almost passing out. Help me anyone..I need to talk to someone..
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I'm 39 and this is all new to me. I was told by a doc that he thinks there is something more with my problem other then the fact that I have bad tremurs. I have had every test except a lumbra puncture which is probably next..does this hurt anyone know?? Just wondering...Anyways I'm just confused and feel that I dont have control of my life now. I have been off work for two months and I probably wont be going back cause I'm so weak, I cant even go to the store without almost passing out. Help me anyone..I need to talk to someone..
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I was in despair just yesterday after my doc said I need a liver biopsy and today I feel less pessimistic, but the pain and fatigue are just chronic, meaning I'll have episodes off and on forever most likely. This we have to accept, but information is the key! Read all the posts here and be aware of your options. Take control of your life and do not enable any doctor to make all decisions without your understanding and full consent. By allowing them to call the shots for years, I made some unwise choices and I'm learning to take advantage of my resources, i.e: this computer. There is a wealth of info here at our fingertips and there is no excuse not to utilize it. When I'm especially foggy, I just read, but when I can, I offer info and help to others like myself. I haven't had a lumbar puncture, but I'm sure someone here has. Relax and take care of your body....listen to it when it tells you what to do. There WILL be better days, too.
    In health,
    Kady
  4. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Welcome to this site. I felt the same way for a while after this thing hit me. I felt powerless and that i had no control over my life. The stress this caused was imense. The more stressed out i became the more pain, the more pain the less control i felt. So it feeds on itself. I am learning to accept that i have this disease and that i need to learn to mange it rather than it manage me. Not easy but i am doing it ond day at a time i am learning. The way i learn is by information seeking. I bought every book on fm, i search the net for information and what others have tried and how others manage this disease. I don't know anything about the procedure you are having, however as far as i know there are know conclusive tests to determine FM. Perhaps doc is ruleing out other problems. Have you had a trigger point exam? How did Doc dx you? Welcome and (((((((((HUGS))))))))) jean ann
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2002]
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Carla, what is it that you were told you had? Fibromyalgia, or Cronic Fatigue Syndrome? Both are devastating to live with, but you can get control with the proper care and a whole of educating yourself.

This board is wonderful for that, you have first hand information from the members who are living with it, and are more than willing to help with whatever questions you may have, and we have the latest information on what is being done in the medical fields too.

If you go to the top of this board where it says; 'Home', Library', 'Store' and 'Community', there is a wealth of information right here on this site.

Again, welcome to the board, and please feel free to use all the features that are available.

Shalom, Shirl

6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I had two lumbar punctures when I came down with Fibro, to rule out MS (back then they didn't have MRI's). I have no idea why you are having one, as it has nothing to do with diagnosing either CFS or FMS, so make sure you understand why it's being done. They do not hurt at all, but you must stay lying flat for several hours after one or you will get the king of all headaches. The laying flat is to allow your body to produce new spinal fluid to make up for what has been removed for the test. Best wishes,
    Klutzo
  7. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I guess they would want to do the lumbra puncture to rule out MS and any other disease which I guess they can do that thru spinal fluid. I went to a rhuemotory doc in Columbus OH, he said that I have fibromyalgia plus I do have bad tremurs in which Cleveland Clinic diagnoised me with that which I knew. Anyways he said for me to go back to my neurogist cause he thinks there is more going on. He also did bloodwork to test for hepitis B. I have been so many places and docs and all my MRI's and cat scans, muscle byospy came back okay. I live in a placewhere Ihave to travel 2 to 3 hrs to the a good doc. Thanks everyone for listening and being there.

[ advertisement ]