Im New and wanted to intro. myself...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moose1070, Aug 26, 2003.

1. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

I thought if I intorduced myself that may help you all out abit...
    I am 32 Years old, married almost 13 years, 10 year old daughter, I was just DX with FM this past March althow I think I have had it for about five years, I have only posted twice on this board but read every day, you all seem to be a great bunch of people and I have to say ive learned alot here! It's nice to know there are other people out there that feel the same way that I do.
    I just started taking Oxcy 10mg. twice a day along with Vicodone 7/750 as needed for break through pain , I also suffer from panic attacks and headaches, I still have one more MRI to go, want to rule out MS, that will be done this saturday.
    Thanks for listening and I hope this helps alittle more now that you all know alittle more about me.
    moose1070
  2. lmn

lmn New Member

Are you from Maine by any chance? That's what I think of when I hear the word "moose"!
    Glad you found us. Good luck with your MRI. Let us know how it goes.
    Take care,
    lmn
  3. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

May I ask how you came up with the name "moose"?

Glad you found this board. Sure is a helpful place to come.
    You may know or not if you want to know about any of us you can click on our name and our profile will come up.

Hope your MRI comes out good on Sat. Keep in touch and let us know.

My best to you,
    CelticLadee
  4. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

Just wanted to thank you all for a warm welcome!!
    I got the name moose when I was born, I was born just at 4lbs. and my dad thought it was rather funny and one day called me moose, it has stuck with me for 32 years, my parents took a piture of my next to a Thanksgiving turkey and the turkey was bigger then me!!! So that is why I use Moose for just about all my sign on names.
    thanks again for the warm welcome, Oh and im from the Windy city of Chicago!!
    Moose
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Moose (like the name), welcome to our world. Glad you have decided to join us, we have a great group of people here and oh, so very helpful all the time.

About those headaches, do you drink water? I had headaches so bad they were as disabling as the FM pain.

I would get them four or five times a week, migraines, cluster, and sinus headaches.

I read a book called: 'ABC of Asthma, and Lupus' by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.

This doctors opinion is that most headaches,allergies, etc. are caused from dehydration.

I started drinking half my body weight in OUNCES of water a day, along with a 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt during the day about 1 1/2 years ago, and now I rarely get any headaches anymore. It has even helped with my sinus allergies.

It cost almost nothing, so its worth a try!

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope you find relief from the headaches............

Shalom, Shirl