I'm new but, don't FEEL so new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelperry, Mar 13, 2003.

1. angelperry

angelperry New Member

I'm so glad I found this. What a huge relief to know there are so many of you with a common. I felt really alone until now. I've been dealing w/ this DD for 7 yrs now and many times did I feel I reached my breaking point. I also have osteoarthritis in almost every joint of my body. Anyone w/ a common here? I'm 31 and feel 70. Wake up every morn & feel like snap,crackle & pop w/ a touch of rigamortis. Currently involved w/ a pain clinic not making much progress although I'm giving my all. Have to when my youngest son is always asking my fiance "Why is mommy always so sick?" It always gets me right in the core of my spirit. Talk about motivation!! I'm working real hard to find some answers and I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get the ones I need.
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

There's LOTS of information here, just read, read, read! What is your pain clinic doc doing for you?

Karen
  3. Echos

Echos New Member

Hello and Welcome Angel. I'm glad you found your way here. I've been here for a short time, and all have been very friendly and supportive here. No osteoarthritis with me but plenty of pain. 31 is a very young age for osteo. I'm sorry you have so much on your plate. Please come back and converse with us often. It's good to have you here.
    SWAK's,
    Echos
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

and welcome to this message board. Glad to have you here, but sorry you are in the same boat we are. I was diagnosed with FM in July 2002, but have probably had it most of my life. I also have endometriosis. I do a lot of snapping and cracking here, too. Are you doing any exercising? I know how hard it can be, but what motivates me is the fear of becoming totally disabled with this DD. So I keep on. I can't imagine having children with the way I feel, but I have to commend those of you who are determined to have families. Maybe you should look into something else if the pain clinic isn't helping? What doctors have you gone to? Keep searching until you find someone who really understands this condition. It may take awhile, but definitely worth the effort.

I hope you find this to be a place that offers comfort and support as I have.

Ellen
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, we have a lot in common! Welcome. I'm still fairly new here. Have been reading a lot and have learned a lot. I find out that we all have so very much in common :)

I'm interested, too, in what your pain clinic is doing for you.

I recently made my first visit to a pain clinic. My first visit resulted in a prescription for Darvocet and for 18 sessions of physical therapy. The therapy is mainly for the spinal stenosis that I have in my back and not the fibro. I was told that they only prescribe therapy for the fibro (and NOT narcotics for pain control). The doc is only treating me based on the spinal stenosis and many other problems with my back and neck.

Please let me know about your pain clinic visit and treatment plan.

Thanks, and welcome again,
    Janet
  6. tsj62301

tsj62301 New Member

don't ever feel alone we are all here. I am 29. I was diagnosed over a year ago with both fm and osteo. I also have had endometriosis and ovarian cyst since i was 16, I had a hysterectomy at 28. It truely makes you feel horrible when your children make comments. My daughter asked me the other day what kind of sick is this and if someday when im better are we going to go do lots of things? Wow!! It's just not fair. If you ever need to talk im here.
    Tess
  7. bejo

bejo New Member

Welcome.The support here is great.I have osteoarthritis in my upper and lower back.I've had that for 35 years.I also have OA in my knees,had it about 10 years.I have some RA in my feet,it's not very bad.I was diagnosed with Fibro about 9 years ago,but it took me 2 years of headaches every day before I found a Dr. to take it seriously.I've had bursitis in my elbows this winter,which is affecting my left hand.I'm 60 years old,and thankfully our children are grown.Raising children and having fibro would be a very hard job.The support and love found on this site is really great.It helps so much just to have someone to talk to that understands.Sending you a ((hug)). bejo
  8. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I am so glad that you found the board, people here are so supportive and understanding because we are all going through the same things. I have Fibro, gout, RA, degenerative disk disease and a host of other problems and sometimes I just feel like giving up. I was so glad that I found people who understood the hell I was going through from day to day. I am also going to pain management and the doctor I am seeing now is working with me and seems to know his stuff but it took me 5 yrs to find him. I just wanted to say welcome and I hope that you feel better, best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Angel, welcome to our world. No, you are not alone, we have a whole lot in common around here.

Glad you found us, and am looking forward to knowing you better.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl