I'M NEW ( CATGAL) YOU TOUCHED MY HEART

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OHELPME, Mar 21, 2003.

1. OHELPME

OHELPME New Member

DEAR CATGAL,
    HELLO MY NAME IS STASHA I'M 33 HAVE HAD CFS SINCE I WAS 17 THEN GOT FIBRO 8 YRS AGO,I HAVE NEVER POSTED AND I'M NEW TO THIS WHOLE THING THE ON-LINE THING THAT IS.I WAS SO TOUCHED ON WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY IN RESPONSE TO BEES, I'LLS I COULD DO WAS CRY. I HAVE FOR THE MOST PART HANDLE THESE ILLNESSES PRETTY WELL BUT THE LAST FEW MONTHS HAVE TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORSE FOR ME,I HAVE BEEN IN BED FOR TWO MONTHS WITH NEW SYMTOMS THANKFULY I HAVE A GOOD DR. WORKING WITH ME SO AS OF A COUPLE OF WEEKS I'M DOING A LITTLE BETTER. I TOTALLY FEEL FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE WHO SUFFERS FROM THIS YUCKY CRAP!I WANT TO THANK YOU AND EVRYONE ELSE OUT THERE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP OTHERS. I'M SO GLAD I FOUND WHAT LOOKS TO BE A GREAT NEW GROUP OF FRIENDS.TAKE CARE STASHA
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

Welcome.You're right,you have found a very supportive site with a lot of very kind friends.It's so much easier to live with FMS when you have people who really understand how you're feeling.Here's some ((((((hugs)))))) to start you off right. bejo
  3. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Just lost message I was sendind so hear it goes again if I can remember lol. I am so sorry you are suffering, most of us here can relate to flares. I have been in 1 since a awful airport experience. I hope you can start stretching and maybe some yoga. Glad you have a good doc that is half the battle. I lost mine to cfids and have not found a good one since that is on my plan. It is very aggivating. You need support during these trying times, so I hope you know I am sending my thoughts and blessing to you and all who suffer. Have you got any meds to help you through the Flare? Do your best to fight off the negative thoughts(it is hard I know), Whatever positive you can find in your heart no matter how small or something funny to laugh at helps in these times. I send my warm <<HUGSSSSSS>>
    [This Message was Edited on 03/22/2003]
  4. Lendi

Lendi New Member

You are right. This is the nicest, warmest place in the world, withh a wealth of understanding and advice. It's great you have found a supportive Dr. who is willing to help. Hope your nasty flair goes a way soon. Hugs, Lendi
  5. OHELPME

OHELPME New Member

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY,LET'S SEE WITH THIS FLARE UP I WAS HIT WITH EXTREME FATIGUE TO THE POINT OF SLEEPING UP TO 20+ HOURS A DAY ADD TO THAT A DIZZNESS I HAD NEVER EXPERIENCED WITH A HEADACHE THAT WOULD'T GO AWAY OF CHORSE DID THE MRI NORMAL,SO MY DR. HAD GONE TO A CLASS TO FURTHER HER ED.IT HAPPENED TO BE ON A DRUG CALL PROVIGIL SHE SAID IT HAD WORKED ON SOME CFS&FIBRO PATIENTS SO I TRIED IT AND IT HAS HELPED ME BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED AND BE AWAKE FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SHARE THAT I JUST ENROLED IN A STUDY FOR FIBRO @OHSU IT'S ON A GROWTH HORMONE THEY HAVE FOUND PEOPLE WITH FIBRO DONT PRODUCE IT WHEN YOU EXERCISE ANYWAY ITS A BLIND STUDY I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ON THE DRUG OR NOT? IF ANYONE HAS QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK! AGAIN THANK EVERYONE MY THOUGHTS GO OUT TO ALL.STASHA
  6. OHELPME

OHELPME New Member

I DID'T MEAN TO PUT THE FUNNY BLUE FACE THERE SORRY SO HERES THE ONE I WANTED,BECAUSE YOU ALL MADE ME FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS!!!
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

Welcome to a wonderful message board. I don't know what I did before I found this one. Everyone is so helpful with answering any questions and giving emotional support. I also am going to OHSU to the Fibromyalgia Clinic. I also had my growth hormone levels tested, which were very low, and then had the growth hormone stimulation test done. I chose not to enter the study, and now I don't even know why I didn't, I know there was a reason though. They found that my petuitary gland is capable of producing the growth hormones but it doesn't because I have an increased amount of Somatin (I know that isn't the way it's spelled), anyway, the reason it is increased is because of the chronic pain. It's like an endless circle, one causes something, that causes something else.

I just wanted to be sure to welcome you to this board and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Dara