I'm new here and just want to say Hi.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jjoys, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jjoys

jjoys New Member

I've had CFIDS for over 4 years now. I get pretty discouraged sometimtes at not being able to be the kind of mother and wife and community member I'd like to be. On my worst days I sometimes long for someone to talk to who can relate to what I'm going through, but I don't know anyone else who has CFIDS. I live in a pretty small community.

I'm getting so tired of having to lie in bed, so I've been surfing the net of late, looking for someone to talk to. Anybody out there?
  2. baybe

baybe New Member

this site has both message boards and a chat room. I use both for different reasons. Sometimes I want immediate interact and some fun, the chat room is informative and at the same time can be lighthearted and hopeful. I use the message board to deal with the more involved questions I might have and information people have for me. I hope you will take advantage of all that this site has to offer it definitely has been a life saver for me and a sanity saver for my husband,lol. Welcome, hope you can recieve information that can help you, while at the same time enjoy the exceptional people that are fighting the daily grind of these diagnoses.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Yes, there are plenty of people here to 'talk' too, very nice ones too.

Glad you found our board, and I know you will make a lot of friends around here .

I have Fibro, not CFS, but do get the Fatigue sometimes. It is an awful feeling.

We have many members with CFS, so you are in good company here, we all understand how you feel.

I am sure you are a good wife and mother too, don't be hard on yourself. Its not your fault that you are not well.

I have had Fibro for over 20 years, raised three children, have a husband of 30 years. We all managed to live with my limited abilities. I have never met anyone in person that has FM or CFS either.

It can be frustrating, but don't allow it to get you down.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

glad you've joined in!! I know exactly how you feel~ I'm a mom too and my children are missing out on so much!! I feel terrible for that alone....then add the fatique,aches and pains,mental fog,etc... It makes for a yukky sedentary life!! I have FM,I was DX 10 yrs ago at age 30~
    I suspect both conditions tho,CFIDS and FM.(the two are so much the same!)I also have bad disks and Endometriosis.
    I left my job in retail managment because of my illnesses,so I'm an at home Mom.
    Nice to meet you and hope to hear more from you!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

You will find many of us unfortunately. I have FM but we all have very similar symptoms.

Welcome you will find people to talk with here.

Laura
  6. DebP

DebP New Member

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board, you will find alot of great people here and lots of info....:) :) Glad ya found us!!

DebP