I'm new here, and would like to introduce myself.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julie1014, Nov 12, 2008.

1. julie1014

julie1014 New Member

Hello, everyone! I am so glad to have found this wonderful website. My name is Julie, and I am 38 years old. I live in Pennsylvania. I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last week, so I am filled with a lot of questions. I will try to search the board first before I bombard everyone with questions, lol! I also have Crohn's Disease. I have been out of work for a month. I look forward to getting to know you all! Blessings, Julie
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

hi julie im charlene i live in ny im 39 yrs old i am married and have 2 children ive had fibro for 5 yrs now im in bed most of the time due to back pain and not being able to sit my sil has crohns so i know a little about that also again welcome hugs charlene
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I was diagnosed back in 2004. My husband has Crohn's disease so my heart goes out to you. He's fortunate to have been able to get Remicade treatment so, for the most part, he's in remission.

There's lots of great info to be found on this site as well as lots of supportive people. It helps to feel like you're not so alone with this condition.

Looking forward to seeing messages from you in the future.

4. julie1014

julie1014 New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!
  5. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

Hi Julie,

I was just diagnosed myself a couple of months ago with fibromyalgia and CFS. I'm glad you found this message board, as it is comforting to read that others are going through the same things as we are; it's also nice to share our own experiences and help others. You will find a lot of answers to your questions, as well as ideas for treatments and aids you might not have thought about.

So far myself, I haven't gotten a lot better. I've been seeing a doctor at Holtorf Medical Group in Torrance, CA. They have done lots of blood work, increased my thyroid hormones (T3) dramatically, and given me TONS of supplements to take. I've found myself with pretty much the same energy level, more pain, and still with a weak immune system. I'm getting ready to try a different doctor. If I find something that works for me, I'll be sure to share!

Good luck with your health and not working. I've been home since late August, and am expected to go back at the end of December, which I don't know if I'll be ready by then. Of course any stress about money and work is not good for us, so trying to relax is the key. Let us know how you're doing!

6. julie1014

julie1014 New Member

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and sharing your stories! Julie