I'm new here...but not to Lyme...

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by merfy, Aug 16, 2006.

1. merfy

merfy New Member

Hello all -- I just wanted to say that I have first discovered this message board yesterday and already feel as though I've crossed a bridge! I'm not alone after all! I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago, after being mis-diagnosed for over a year -- and I've gone from doctor to doctor and tried drug after drug. It's been an education and a relief to read about people such as myself going through exactly what I am. I've only 'met' one other chronic lyme person, although we haven't spent much time commiserating or talking strategies. So thanks for your insight -- and keep it up!
    Merfy
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Glad you found your way here! So many aren't even aware of this group.

J
  3. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi Merfy,

Welcome to the board. You will find lots of knowledgeable and supportive people here. Check in often!

What do you take for abx? I was only diagnosed in May, so this has been quite a learning time for me. I currently take Ceftin and Ketek, along with lots of supplements.

Again...welocme.

Mindy
  4. merfy

merfy New Member

Right now I'm doing two weeks of doxycycline (100mg/3x day) and then two weeks of amoxicillan (1500mg/3x day), back and forth. my doc wants me to try this for a few months. I've been on each before, but never alternating cycles like this. This follows a period of about two months where my doc wanted me to be off of all meds to sort of detox my system from them (I had been on mega-doses of this and that for 18 months straight with no apparent results). So since I've been back on, these abx have really hit me hard. Besides making me sick sick to my stomach, within a week they each cause some major herxing. But that's good i suppose -- no pain no gain, right? I've tried lots of different abx and different 'cocktail' combinations of abx, but never ceftin or ketek. what kind of side effects do you get with those? and are they working for you?

Merfy
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Hi Merfy!

Glad you found this site. Have you been to lymenetdotorg?

They have a on-line chat every Saturday night, tons of lyme info over there.

Good luck,
    Dani