IM NEW HERE! I like new friends...and i have a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DEBORAA, Oct 10, 2008.

DEBORAA New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Deboraa and I just joined. Love this site, full of people helping people.

I have to attend my best friends' wedding in 2 weeks and i would like to lose 7-10 pounds(THE HEALTHY WAY) Whats the best way to go about this?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to. W/ re: 2 getting ready for the wedding:

1) Walk an hour or two everyday. (Of course if you're on this site, you probably can't do that.)

2) Lock yourself in a hot attic for 2 weeks w/ nothing but bottled water, chicken broth and raw carrots.

3) Do nothing. Use the approach used by governments around the world. Issue a press release that the goal has been achieved.

Always happy to be of help.

3. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

STOP IT...YOU are killing me making me laugh so hard!

Welcome to the board, Deboraa...IF someone gives you an idea that works, bottle it, sell it, and make a million!

4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Cut out all high carb foods, grains and dairy for 2 weeks. Just eat meat, chicken, fish, eggs and veggies and the weight will slide right off. No butter, either!

High carb foods includes all pastas, fruits, root veggies like carrots and potatoes, breads and basically anything that is filling and satisfying. Eat all the green veggies you want but no fair having tons of salads with dressing.

The tastiest way to eat veggies is to cut them up very small so you get several veggies in one bite. Use garlic, onions, bell peppers (all colors), zucchini, squash, broccoli and cauliflower. Boil them all in chicken broth and eat it whenever you're hungry. You can do this for 2 weeks, just think how great you'll look. Even better, keep doing it and stay thin.

good luck

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I do not think that it will be very easy to lose that much in a couple of weeks but go ahead and try ! Be prepared to be hungry ! I guess you can stuff down lots of raw veggies every time you get a hunger pang. Hope you like them and drink lots of water.

Let us know how these all work. Karen had some good ideas.

Good luck !

6. springwater

springwater Active Member

& Welcome, Debra

Rock....hahahahaha..where do you come up with all this advice? about trying some green smoothies...i saw some recipes on utube...of course..i think you might have to eat some wheat bread and nutritious carb stuff too. Have you tried yoga, it is supposed to be very effective for losing weight and pretty easy to do.

Anyways, glad you found us and happy you joined.

God Bless