I'm new here.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LBH895, Dec 13, 2005.

1. LBH895

LBH895 New Member

I'm new here to this site and I have just this last week been diagnosed as having FM. I knew there was something wrong with me. I also think I am having a flare as I am really hurting in my arms and back. I feel so stiff all the time.
    I am not working right now and I do not know if I will be able to. This brain fog may affect my performance on the job. Not to mention I dont feel very well most of the time. I have gone downhill since I had Mono 3 yrs ago.
    How do the rest of you feel?
    Thanks....
  2. lana33

lana33 New Member

Welcome. Glad to have you join us. I think we all feel like you, at least some of the times. LOL.

I too have fm, for 2 years. Along with several other diagnoses. I have enjoyed this site. I don't post a whole lot but like to come here and check out the information and get to know the people.

Everyone here is very helpful. You can learn a lot. I am always glad to answer questions if I think I know the answer.

Will be looking forward to you being here.

Hugs,
    Lana
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You have come to a great place. There are lots of very caring and supportive people here. Take some time to read posts and you will learn a lot. Educating yourself is very important, especially at the beginning. Symptoms and treatments are different for each of us. Some things help one person and not another.
    There is a search feature at the top left and you can read old posts.
    Ask all the questions you want.

Kathy.
  4. DESTINYBAMBAM

DESTINYBAMBAM New Member

HELLO

I'M NEW HERE ALSO I WAS DIAGNOSE WITH FM 2 MONTHS,I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO START TO GET SUPPORT FROM OTHERS BUT MY DR. SAID I SHOULD LOOK INTO THE INTERNET FOR SUPPORT GROUPS.
    I'M ALWAYS IN PAIN BUT I BELIEVED I HAD THE FM FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND HALF.WHEN I FELT ON A CONSTRUCTION SIDE GOING TO WORK IT MUST OF REALLY TRIGGER OFF THE FM.
    BESIDE THE OTHER DECEASED THAT I HAVE ALSO WITH NO CURED.
    I HAVE TO GO NOW TO PICK MY NIECE UP FROM SCHOOL.
    THANKS
    HOPE
    SOMEONE
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi lbh895, glad to have you join us! I have been here since 2003 (I think), this is a great place for information, support, and humor too.

I am 50, female, dx'd with FM in 2000 and more recently Crohn's Disease just a few months ago. I have my good days and my bad days. Today was a blue day for me. Maybe the full moon who knows?

I havent worked in 10 years. My husband works his butt off. I feel bad about that. I needed to stay home. Have two kids, one is special needs. I just go one day at a time. I wish I could give you more advice. Ask any questions you want, we are all here to help out.

Welcome again

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2005]
  6. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Welcome to the board. Its a great site. I feel pretty crappy too. Lots of pain and fatigue. I just wrapped all my Christmas presents tonight and my back is killing me.
    I too am unable to work. I was with the same company for 27 years when I decided to go off sick after a car accident. It made the already existing condition of fibromyalgia much worse. I just officially retired from my job last week. I havent been back to work in 4 years. I was lucky they were still holding my job open. I was fortunate that Im able to retire in March so I thought its the best route to go. I know I will never be able to work again. Its a tough disease thats for sure.
    hugs poodlemum
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

to the top, for more replies. (you can bump your own posts too, brings them back to the first page) all you have to do is put bump in the title line and also in the message space.

Michelle
  8. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

to all the new people.

I remember when I first found this place I would read til my head hurt and my eyes went fuzzy. There is so much info to read.
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome to our board/online support group! Glad that you found us!

I have had fibro and systemic lupus since I was 10, I am now getting close to 55. So, every symptom that you have, I can relate to! I have a lot of other problems in addition to the fibro (see my bio by clicking on my username in the left column). (When you get time, complete your bio, too, so we can get to know a little about you!)

When I worked, the pain in my neck, shoulders, arms, and upper back would never ease up. It was unbearable--I would come home and put ice packs all over my neck and back to numb the pain. The brain fog really got to affect my job, too. The minute I obained 30 years, I opted out for an early retirement.

Your last sentence was "How do the rest of you feel?" My answer is awful! I am having such a bad time now, but it is not all due to the fibro. I should wait until I'm better to really answer that question!

Hope to talk with you soon!

Holiday Hugs,
    Janet
  10. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

I read your post about your feelings of not being able to comprehend any longer. . . I can sure relate. I am just 33, and feel like I will never learn anything ever again s-times. I do my bible lesson each week, but have to re-read everything 10 times, and then, it doesn't stick in my head at all. It is like there is a plug that has come unplugged in my brain, and I am working on a low capacity sometimes; alot of times is how it feels. 10 Years ago I was a totally different person in that aspect I feel. It is a disappointing part of this illness in so many ways. I am 33, but feel like 53. LOL Carla
  11. LBH895

LBH895 New Member

You guys are so kind. What a great site this is. I am going to tell my fibromite friends to come here. Thanks again.
  12. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

And recently diagnosed with FM, although I've know for along time, I had it! It's getting worse by the day, the problems sleeping, brain fog bother me alot, ofcourse not to mention the pain and stiffness, that goes without sayin'!
    Welcome, there is a wealth of info here, and tons of awesome people, that really have understanding and compassion!
  13. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

to all the new people. i look forward to getting to know you all, ive been here about 3/4 years, the peeps here are lovely im sure youll settle in just fine :)
  14. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I'm actually trying to figure out how this board works. REALLY horrible brain fog!!!

Thank God I finally have a place to see that I'm not crazy, I posted a message earlier. I will try to edit my profile. All I can say is Thank You God!!!
  15. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

hi all!
    i was just diagnosed and am trying to get as much information as i can. i'm 32 and my body hurts so much i feel like i'm 80. all you postings are ao helpful, it's good not to feel so alone. i thought i was going crazy with all of these symptoms that just don't make sense. but now i read all this and it sound exactly like what i've been going through. thank you all for being here on this board!