I'm new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper37141, May 7, 2006.

1. pepper37141

pepper37141 New Member

I'm sure my story is alot like some of yours. My confusion is that after 8 yrs. pain I have now been diagnosed with fibro. I had lumbar surgery last July. I still have constant pain on top of my other pain. It has been suggested that the fibro will cause the pain to feel worse than normal. Does anyone know if that is possible. Also I suffer from chronic ear pain with no known cause. It feels like an ear infection. I even had my jaw joint cleaned out for TMJ. Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I had lumbar surgery about 15 years ago and about 8 or 9 years ago I had surgery on my jaw. I really want to tell you it will get better but mine hasn't.

Fibro is pain for most of us. I don't know what "Normal is anymore." the chronic ear pain can be caused by the TMJ. I am in constant pain from the TMJ or Myofacial Pain.
    Wish I had better news for you but I haven't had any relief. Do you clench? That could be part of your pain. I am constanly clenching especially when I am nervous or am tense.
    All I can say is try to find a good tmj dentist and a good Primary Care doc. Those are the only ones who have helped me at all.
    Sorry to be so negative but don't want to lie to you
    Hope you feel better
  3. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

I read your message. I believe the pain you have is from to much yeast in your body. I have been on a drug called nystatin and i no longer have pain in my ear and very little in my jaw.
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

We feel pain more than healthy people. Don't know why! But yes, we do.

I think it's because of something called Substance P. It is in our spines and tells the brain how much something hurts. We tend to have too much, so our brains think we feel the pain more.

Also, each of us seems to have both different symptoms (like your ear pain) and similar symptoms (like your back pain and fatigue).

If you read our profiles (and fill in your own) we can get to know each other better. Just click on the name to the left. You will also get an idea of what this DD is like.

I hope this helps you.

God Bless.
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I just want to welcome you to the board.

everyone has pretty much said what i was thinking already.:)

I'm sorry I can't be of help.

Best wishes,

Claudia
  6. pepper37141

pepper37141 New Member

I do appreciate all replys. I have had the joint in my right jaw cleaned out. I have been to 2 ear Dr.'s. I have had some loss of hearing for certain tones. Yes, I do hurt somewhere everyday.I guess I keep searching for a magic pill. I have hurt for over 7 yrs. and just now finally had a name put to it. I guess I just want to feel well again. Thanks for your input.
  7. pepper37141

pepper37141 New Member

I know in my heart the diagnosis is right. No I haven't slept well for years. I thought it was hormone problems due to menopause. I have hurt for 7 yrs. with various problems and been to numerous Dr.'s. Finally they labeled it as fibro. I've read enough to know they are right. I just don't know how to help myself.
  8. pepper37141

pepper37141 New Member

Is there no help for the lumbar pain? I had the right jaw joint cleaned out because they thought I had TMJ. I see my neurologist in a few days for the lumbar pain. Now my tailbone hurts when I sit. I feel useless, I had to quit work last month. I've seen so many different Dr's and had so many tests and procedures done. How do I cope anymore? Last year I could go dancing but now with my back like it is I do well to stand for 20 minutes. I appreciate your input or encouragement.
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

Hello, wanted to welcome you to the board. Everyone here is very supportive of each other. Glad you found us.

Kriket
  10. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Welcome to the messsage board.

I can tell you from experience that you will find great information here. The best way to feel in control is to take control. Ask losts of questions here and just read all of the eposts. If you can't find something, just enter the subject in the search at the top. If you still can't find it, just ask.

Everyone here is really gracious about sharing what works and what doesn't for them. I get more info here that most doctors can give. You know, the useful stuuf that makes day to day managable.

Keep up your spirits and read everything you can get your hands on. Knowledge is power. Power gives you control, and control is the the key to our sanity as we deal day to day struggles with chronic pain.

I loook forward to talking more.

jenni

11. MomExecutive

MomExecutive New Member

Hello Pepper and others,
    I'm new to this site also. I was diagnosed about 4 yrs ago, my fibro is not bad, but bad enough. I went a long time before I found a Dr. who knew what I had. I have 3 boys, and it was really hard keeping up with them back then. It is much better now. About 5 months ago, I started buying products from this company that has non-toxic, chemical free cleaning products, bath & body, etc. About 2 months ago I started taking their vitamins and supplements. About 1 month ago I stopped taking my fibro meds and I haven't felt this good in 3 yrs or more. I don't know if having your house chemical free is a huge contributor, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.
    I DO NOT sell their products. I just like helping others. If you would like to have more information about what I take you can email me.
    Take Care and God Bless!

[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2006]