I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achyten, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Achyten

Achyten New Member

Hey everyone!! I"m new here, please welcome me to the group! LOL.
    I joined last night, but didn't get a chance to post much, posted on the thread about Epsom salt baths.
    I'm a long time sufferer to fibro, 25 yrs,,started when I was young.
    Bad days come and go,, but I do try to be positive, although I do suffer from depression a lot with SAD, seasonal affective disorders,,, and achy muscles.
    Some interesting posts here,, hope to get to know yous better.
    I have no support from family and friends, it's a ll in my head! thing.
    anyway, folks,, see you on the boards!!!
    Take care,, and always look on the bright side. Yah,, I can hear you,,, what side is that? lol.
    All my Best, Achyten
  2. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

You sound as if you a really cheerful person for having suffered as long as you have! You will find so many kind friends on this board - if I am so down in the dumps with lack of friends, I come on here.

The will fgive you an answer if they have one or try to cheerr you up. We are all feeling pain and know how each ogther feels.

i am on an antidepressant, 2 anhti-seizure meds, sleeping, 2 two bone builders, a low narcotic med., and others that I can't even think iof now. I am tired.

Welcome to the board. As you have noticed when I make a type, IO just leave it. Too tired to work with it.

Gentle Hugs,

Joan-
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

We welcome all new comers. You'll find people here do understand and will do whatever they can to help you.

I'm sorry you have no support at home; but that's the case with many homes.

So, welcome.

Blessings,

janieb
  4. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

Welcome to the pain train! I mean that in a positive way, since we all share the same pain. I am so sorry you are sick and no one believes you, but the good news is we believe you and feel free to share!
    God Bless you!
  5. johnston

johnston New Member

I'm a 3-day old here. You might relate to my posting In Addition, if you have not already read it.
    I agree with the previous postings here. It is great to finally find a place like this!!!!!!! Rhonda
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board! Hope you are having a pain free day. Sorry you don't have much support at home, but hope you will find some help and comfort here. :) Kim :)
  7. Achyten

Achyten New Member

I want to thank , Joan, janieb, Red shadow, Rhonda, Kim and finally Laura,, for taking the time to post those warm words of welcoming me here.
    It's going to feel so good to beable to say how I feel without others looking at me funny, or rebounding with, I never slept well either,, or my legs are aching too, or I know what you mean, etc. And these comments are from the "normal" ones, including my own children, and hubby.
    I know I"m going to enjoy it here,, I can tell.
    I don't know what time it is for you all, but I have to get supper going for my hubby soom.
    I just took a pain pill,, feeling achy today,, but I"ll be just fine.
    I"m sooo happy to get to know some of you so far,,and I can't say how it feels to be free with my being able to say how I hurt,,and not having to hold it all inside me. I love you, dear hearts,,, and if I can find how my way around and go to the chatroom,,,, I"be be even happier yet!
    Thankyou once again, for your kind words. I"ll treasure them forever.
    If more have answered to this post in the meantime,, I mean this for you too.

Love, Health and Happiness,,, Achyten xx
  8. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Acheyten:

Glad to have your company here sorry you have our disorderand we meet this way. I like the way you try to keep a positve attitude..probably helps alot. You will find support here, post as you need or want...Good day or bad day... we will answer.

Welcome again...

Suz45
  9. Achyten

Achyten New Member

Dear Jill and Suz45,, thankyou for way you made me feel at home here.
    I'm always sorry to hear just how many of us suffer out there with this milionaires disease. I call it that, because we spend so much money on trying different meds throughout the years, as well as supplements,and natural ways,trying every angle to feel better.
    I may not remember all your names,,, but I'll always be there for you if you should need to vent,, or need a shoulder to cry on. I am a good listener,and will do my best to help even in small ways.
    Hope yous are having a low pain day.

Soft Warm Hugs,,,, Achyten
  10. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Welcome Achyten from another Canadian.

I am in Ontario, where are you?

Sorry you have FM but glad you could join us. This is a very friendly message board.

hugs Redwillow
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

Welcome to the message board!!!!

Kriket
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to to he board. You will find lots of nice people here who can share experiences, info, jokes, etc.
  13. misskoji

misskoji Member

Dont have a lot of time to post tonight, but just wanted to say WELCOME!

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]
  14. Achyten

Achyten New Member

Hi there Red Willow,,, I"m from Edmonton, alberta. It's really nice to meet someone from Canada too.
    I so often wish I could meet someone close to me, to get to know and become friends with. I know it would help me heaps to be able to have friends that understand me and wouldn't judge me by my weaknesses. I know the few friends I do have, don't seem to like coming over very much. I don't know why, its as if I have the plague or something, lol. Oh well, who cares,they can't be very good friends anyway, they never call to ask me how I"m doing. If the shoe was on other foot,, I know I"d care about them. Maybe this is something I learned by having this illness.

You know? My daughter and I went shopping this morning, but just before she got here to pick me up, she phoned me from her cell to see if I was ready. I told her I had rough morning, so she's have to wait till I got ready. Well, everytime I mention how I feel, she's got something to say as if to shut me up, like saying I had a rough night, and still have a sinus headache,, not asking me why I had a rough morning. This happens all the time, whenever I mention how I"m doing. Not that I say it often either. My mom does the same to me too. Ahh, pooh, I better shut up,,sorry for venting. Does this ever happen to yous? No one wants to know how I"m doing ever!! I feel soo alone with this rotten illness. Thats why I"m here,cause I know yous understand what I"m saying,, if you don't get any support from your family.

Thankyou Deanna,,rockgor,and Kriket!! for your welcomes. I really appreciate your taking the time. I have never felt so at home in any fibro group before I came here. I just left a fibro group that were all aussies,,they had no use for me, because I was Canadian.
    Best I suck on my soother,, I"m crying too much, lol.

HUGS, Achyten
  15. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

You have found a great group here and will find much comfort and information. I read alot...hard for me to type much due to pain in hands, but I try.

glad you found us

hugs
  16. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Glad to meet you! I've had CFS for over 10 years. Was finally diagnosed in 1996. I'm like you, I try to keep a positive outlook. Being a born again Christian helps me with that. I also like to collect jokes; it's a hobby I developed since I've been sick. Do you like jokes? Hope so. Stop by the the post called "Share-a-joke" from time to time to get a laugh...

yours truly,
    abluv
  17. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I'm still a bit new around here too... this board is great, people from all over the world and I don't think anyone cares if you're from the other side of the planet. I am sorry you had that experience in another group. I dare say it's their loss.

I'm Canadian too, in Ontario. There are people here from US and Europe too, and I think some Aussies as well (friendly ones!).

Hope you'll have a positive experience here and learn things that will help - starting with the fact that you are not alone.

:)
  18. LOVED

LOVED New Member

You are going to like this board. I joined a month ago and even tho I have had fm for at least 21 years, still learn alot. Plus you get great support with someone to talk to that understands. Check out the worship board. You may like it.

LOVED
  19. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi again Achy

I agree it would be nice to have a group of friends to chat with that understand FM.

There is a support group that I joined that I could go to but don't go very often. It is a 45 minute drive for me and that is usually too much!

So my friends are all on the internet. It would be lovely to meet up some day!

If you want a to chat anytime just yell REDWILLOW, lol

Hugs Redwillow