IM NEW, PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cabcahoon, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

Hi, I am new to this board & also new to FM. I haven't been officially diagnosed with FM, but I have been having pain in my left shoulder blade & neck for the past 5 years. I have gone to the chiro, I have been to physical therapy, trigger point injections. Nothing helps. The last time I saw my previous doc he said he thought I could have FM, but he didn't want to offically diagnose me with that b/c of my age.(I'm 27) I recently started seeing a new doc. I have anxiety, tmj, & IBS. My shoulder has been hurting for the past 48 hours. I haven't left my heating pad & it has turned into a huge tension headache. I have been taking ultracet & prescription strength ibuprofen, but it doesn't touch the pain. I also take xanax & it helps with the anxiety, but I haven't been able to sleep for the past two nights. I go to the new doc tomorrow. Does anyone know if anxiety, tmj & IBS are linked to FM? I don't know how much more pain I can deal with. Does this sound like FM or am I just making more out of this? Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful. I just feel like I can't get a straight answer from doctors about the pain in my shoulder & its driving me crazy!!

cab
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2005]
  2. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

Welcome,

I'm also new. I've had FM for many years . . . chronic fatique, IBS. Sounds like you might have it but then only your doctor can really tell. A rheumy is the best bet. I also have been dealing with terrible pain in my left arm and shoulder but having a time getting the doctor to help with this. They hate to admit they can't help you or don't know what to do. An x-ray was taken and I'm getting the "your age ... arthritis" bit. I know it's more then that. It has been moving down my arm past my elbow. Keeps me up at night. This has been going on for a year now. Have problem with the right side of my face (like TMJ) but been told it wasn't. PLEASE! Look up TMJ on the web and you'll get good information. I've learned how to massage my face and it seems to help a great deal. Sleep is my big problem. And yes these are all linked to FM.

I hope this is not the case with you. Let us know. Okay?

Merri

3. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

Merrimackriver, butzie41, & Nanjee

I just wanted to thank you for your concerns & I will keep you posted about my dr appt. tomorrow.
  4. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

YES YES YES Each symptom you mentioned is part of FM. Even the trouble sleeping is part of it. Elavil is a good med. for sleep and the dr. should put you on pain meds.

The pain in your shoulder could persist for a long time. With FM things move from place to place then go away for awhile and could return a year later etc. Try to find a

good Rheumatologist and phychiatrist for anti-depressants as this is also a problem. GOOD LUCK!!

PIRT