I'm new to Fibro and to the board!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Teri424, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

Hi everyone!

I've been reading messages and enjoying a lot of the lines of conversation. So, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Teri and I'm from Oklahoma. I'm married and have 3 kids (2 married and 1 in college). No grandchildren yet. I just found out I had Fibro last Dec., even though I had had the symptoms for a few years. I finally went to my daughter's Rheumy and he dxd it. My daughter had Lupus. Then to make matters worse, I was getting so unsteady on my feet and tripping and falling and having what the Rheumy thought were Petit mal seizures, he sent me to a Neurologist. I think he may have wondered if it was MS. I found out then, in May, that I have Epilepsy (specifically Partial Complex Seizures). So, now I'm also taking seizure medicine and I can't drive, at least until Feb. or March.
    I had a very bad winter last year, but seemed to feel better during the summer, but feel stiffer and achier now that it's getting cold again. Do you all notice the change in the weather making you feel worse? I have tried to do my walking every day that I haven't felt too bad, and I think maybe that has helped make me feel a little stronger. My knees, shoulders, neck and back are my worst spots for pain. I also have IBS problems and Fibro fog for sure, and panic attacks. Anyway, I hope to hear from a bunch of you and get acquainted.

Thanks for the neat place to come,
    Teri424
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2002]
  2. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

Hi everyone!

I've been reading messages and enjoying a lot of the lines of conversation. So, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Teri and I'm from Oklahoma. I'm married and have 3 kids (2 married and 1 in college). No grandchildren yet. I just found out I had Fibro last Dec., even though I had had the symptoms for a few years. I finally went to my daughter's Rheumy and he dxd it. My daughter had Lupus. Then to make matters worse, I was getting so unsteady on my feet and tripping and falling and having what the Rheumy thought were Petit mal seizures, he sent me to a Neurologist. I think he may have wondered if it was MS. I found out then, in May, that I have Epilepsy (specifically Partial Complex Seizures). So, now I'm also taking seizure medicine and I can't drive, at least until Feb. or March.
    I had a very bad winter last year, but seemed to feel better during the summer, but feel stiffer and achier now that it's getting cold again. Do you all notice the change in the weather making you feel worse? I have tried to do my walking every day that I haven't felt too bad, and I think maybe that has helped make me feel a little stronger. My knees, shoulders, neck and back are my worst spots for pain. I also have IBS problems and Fibro fog for sure, and panic attacks. Anyway, I hope to hear from a bunch of you and get acquainted.

Thanks for the neat place to come,
    Teri424
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2002]
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

sorry to hear your sick but welcome to the board hope youll love it as much as me,
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I was born and raised in Tulsa, but have lived in Virginia for the past 25 years. I was also dx'd last December with CFS and FM. For me the CFS and its accompanying problems cause me more difficulty than those from FM. I am in pretty constant pain from the FM, though. I take Ultram which helps keep it manageable.

Welcome to the board. I look forward to getting to know you better. I believe there are some others here from Oklahoma.

Barbara
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Teri, a big welcome to you! Beautiful state you are from, I am from Louisiana, and the weather here is usually mild, but we had so much in the line of storms a Hurricane, and them torrential rains the last few weeks, that I am achy all over! Yes we do have more problems when the weather changes, and some people have big problems with cold weather. But being in the DeepSouth does not lessen the effects of Fibro very much.

Glad you found our board, and hope we hear a lot from you too.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

hi my name is sienna and just want to say welcome my bestfriend got me on hear and i'm already addicted to the jokes and to the message boards so if you get down read some of them you can't stop laughing and make sure you won't fall off the chair.
  7. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

I appreciated hearing from all of you. I know I will enjoy being here. For me I think the worst of Fibro is the back and shoulder pain and being so STINKING TIRED all the time! And as you all know, all that medicine doesn't help a bit! I've got to where, I can't get out of bed before 9, at least. I'm hoping that sometime soon, I'll be able to cut down on my anxiety medicine and maybe I can get up at a normal time. But, I guess the Depakote (for seizures)and the Effexor (for anxiety) will stay for a good while. I'll be chatting with you all some more later.

Goodnight all!
    Teri
  8. jojojem

jojojem New Member

teri
    this a neat webb page to come to,because you don't feel alone.everybody basically has had some part pf this dd
    i'm having the fibro fog which is short term memory but thrird mind exercises for that. good luck and stay in touch
    jojojem
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I just moved to Kansas six months ago, so I guess you are just south of me! I had a really tough time, weather-wise, in the summer with the incredibly high heat & humidity (near the Missouri River); that so far seems worse to me than the cold that has now begun. However, I do notice I'm ALWAYS cold & never seem to warm up, no matter where I am. I take a lot of hot baths & bundle up in quilts.

Nice to meet you, hope the epilepsy gets under control, so you can drive again (we give up so much of our "former" lives for these DDs, don't we? It's nice when we can feel like some things we can control, at least a little). Hope you have lots of better-feeling days ahead of you & visit here often!

Pam
  10. whsechick

whsechick New Member

I'm new to fibro, and this board also! I've been amazed at the things I've learned about this illness, just from this board! If there's anything you need to know, just ask! Someone from this board will have the answer!
    Again, Welcome!!

Whsechick
  11. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

It's neat to know there are 2 other Okies here too. I hope I can learn some things from all of you! jojojen (?) i think that was right, how is this cold okie weather effecting you? It's starting to make me achy. I just hope I won't have as bad a winter as i did last year. it was misery! It's nice to meet all of you.

Teri