I'm new to this group.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nana2Andromeda, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Hi everyone...I am new to this site. I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. I am hoping to learn to deal with both illness with your help in answering quesion I might have. Having fibromyalgia doesn't help my diabetes and diabetes doesn't help the fibromyalgia. I also have high blood pressure and it really gets me down....and the all medication I am on makes it worse :(
    To top that...my soon to be ex daughter-in-law wants to take my rights away from me as a grandparent. My granddaughter is 26 months old and I raised her just about 18 months of her life, so now I have to hire a lawyer in Texas ( I am in California )which will cost over $6,000.00 to fight this. She is a stripper so I guess she has that kind of money....I am fighting for my Social Security. I just pray my son wins custody, but I still want some grandparent vistation....that way neither one of them can't deny me vistation. Well...enough of me crying....sorry. This stress does't help any of my illness. Hope to talk you soon.
  2. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Hi everyone...I am new to this site. I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. I am hoping to learn to deal with both illness with your help in answering quesion I might have. Having fibromyalgia doesn't help my diabetes and diabetes doesn't help the fibromyalgia. I also have high blood pressure and it really gets me down....and the all medication I am on makes it worse :(
    To top that...my soon to be ex daughter-in-law wants to take my rights away from me as a grandparent. My granddaughter is 26 months old and I raised her just about 18 months of her life, so now I have to hire a lawyer in Texas ( I am in California )which will cost over $6,000.00 to fight this. She is a stripper so I guess she has that kind of money....I am fighting for my Social Security. I just pray my son wins custody, but I still want some grandparent vistation....that way neither one of them can't deny me vistation. Well...enough of me crying....sorry. This stress does't help any of my illness. Hope to talk you soon.
  3. totteacher

totteacher New Member

You have come to a good place. I haven't been here too long either, but I can tell you there are lots of friendly and helpful folks. I am only dealing with the Fibro for now. However, there is diabetes in my family so I have to keep a watch out for that. You are right---stress sure doesn't help at all and you have a good deal of stress at the moment. I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of all of that. I know you must love your granddaughter a great deal and I hope that you will get visatation rights. I know there are a bunch of folks from California on this board and hopefully they will be along soon to greet you. I have been told that things can be slow on the board over the weekend. Not only are there people who will answer questions but there is a great library here where you can look up all kinds of medical questions. Welcome and I hope you find many new friends here.

In friendship, totteacher
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Nana, glad to have you join us. I have Fibro only, but quite a few of our members have Diabetes too.

We also have a forum for Diabetes if you are interested in that board also. Just go to the top of this page where it says; 'Message Boards', it will bring you to an index of all the available forums on this site. Just click on what you would like to see.

I am so sorry about your granddaughter, that kind of stress we can do without! But I understand that grandparents are beginning to get rights to see their grandchildren now in the courts. I wish you the best.

Again, welcome to our group!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

So sorry you've been having such problems, but welcome to a board with lots of info and caring, supportive members.

I too will be sending up wishes for things to work out so you can see your granddaughter. The fact that you helped raise her, while making your pain now greater, should factor into your rights to see her.

In the meantime, in my humble opinion (aka my 2 cents worth!), you need to take care of yourself so you can enjoy your granddaughter when you get to see her. You had it right when you said the stress wasn't good for you. It makes my fms and cfids worse, and my mom's sugar goes wacky when she's stressed. Keep telling yourself that research has shown that 85% of the things we worry about don't ever happen. You've done your part--got a lawyer & are willing to fight this. Grandparents' rights have been taken into consideration more and more these past several years, so take heart.

This board is not only a wonderful source of info but a great place to vent--we all do it one time or another, so we all understand.

Best wishes and keep us posted on how you're doing & how the custody issue is going. Michele
  6. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I'm new to FMS and the board too. Sorry for all your stress. You are right, it sure doesn't help. I hope all your wishes are answered! The folks here are very helpful. Keep smiling...

LisaMay
  7. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

I'm so sorry to read of all the troubles you are dealing with right now. You have come to a board that is warm and caring and I know you will find people here who will listen to you and care. There are many dear grandmas on this site who can identify with you in your love for your grandchild. I'm sure some of them will be posting to you soon. Please accept my wishes for your renewed health and good fortune. Kathy
  8. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about all your problems. I have FM along with some other physcial problems. I do not have diabetes but I do have family members who do have it. As for the FM, worrying or stress seems to trigger it and I am a born worrier. And of course my work place is stressful. I'm working on both of these problem areas. I'm told that lots of what we worry about don't even happen. As for my stress...I will have to learn to lighten up. I have a type "A" personality so I will be at work on that.

I'm sorry about your grandchild. I have two so far. I would feel very bad if I couldn't see them. Being a grandparent is a wonderful blessing. When they come over all I do is play with them...I just can't help myself. I hope all works out for you. Keep us posted. There are a lot of caring and supportive people on this board. I am glad that you found us.

(((Hugs)))

Arlene