I'm new too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by raspberry_valley, Aug 1, 2006.

1. raspberry_valley

raspberry_valley New Member

Hi,

I'm fairly new too, and rather than introduce myself I just dived in and started posting replies, trying to be helpful.

Then I had a major problem with my benefits, posted a problem, and everyone who replied was wonderful. Thanks.

Since then I have noticed that people seem to write in and introduce themselves.

I just wanted to say that it's a bit daunting, posting into a new group, i've never used a message board before and i dont really know what the rules are. I loooked around for some FAQ's on how to post, but couldnt find any (but I'm not a good looker any more).

I think I have already trodden on toes and maybe, inadvertently caused offence, this is not something I want to do as I want this to be a place of safety and support - my own private place, with people who understand and dont need explanations.

If someone could point out some FAQs for newbies I'd be grateful.

I'm having a really bad time at the moment, so perhaps my perception of my message reception is a bit tilted. If so I apologise.

2. raspberry_valley

Hi Mayline

Thanks for answering my post. Its the middle of the night in the UK, not a good time to be wide awake and worrying. I think this board is going to be a very good place for me. So many people do not understand, my world has shrunk a whole lot, but I at least do now know who my real friends are.

What ever is troubling you at the moment, I hope that it passes, and thank you for your kindness in finding time to reply to me when you have troubles of your own.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I am embarrassed to say that I have been posting on this board since Oct,05 and I never formally introduced myself. Like you, this was my first message board so I didn't know if it was required to introduce yourself. I regret not having done that from the beginning. I always felt welcome here. This is a wonderful message board. Lots of great people who can truly understand what we are going through.

Here are a couple of tips. It is difficult for most of us to read long posts without paragraph breaks and also posts typed in ALL CAPS can be problematic. Click on the Message Board Rules in the upper right hand corner for lots of useful information. Also, it is helpful to make use of the "Search" function in the upper left hand corner.

Welcome to our FMS/CFIDS family.

Lolalee
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Upper right corner as Lolalee pointed out.

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice folks here.
  5. raspberry_valley

Hi There dncnfngrs

Thanks for taking time to reply to my message, it was so nice to get home from a few days away to find so many messages.

Marilyn the cute bulldog is snoring away next to me -- something I should really be doing, but I'm a bit wired today.

I love Raspberries and Cream, but Raspberry Valley is actually a special place I have yet to find which is inhabited only by nice people, and where only good stuff happens. It's a dream of mine to find this place and I live in hope....

Anyhow, lovely to hear from you.

Take Care

6. raspberry_valley

Hi Lolalee

What a lovely name.

Thanks for replying to my post. It was lovely to hear from someone else in the same predicament.

I guess I was just being a typically stuffy old brit, wondering if I'd dropped a protocol mine! Never mind, you all put my mind at rest.

It is great to log onto the message board and read the posts from all over the world, about people experiencing the same stuff as me. Prior to finding this board, my world had really shrunk dramatically.

Looking forward to talking with you again soon.

All the best

Sarah
  7. raspberry_valley

Thanks, I found the help menu, etc.
    It's good to know there are so many nice people out there.
    I think when I composed my original message I was having a little crisis of confidence - thanks for contributing to reinstating it.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Sarah
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

LOVE your name!! Nothing is better than raspberries and cream.

You did the right thing. You will find that all of us are in the same situation and welcome all newcomers. Don't ever hesitate to ask any question, no matter how unimportant you think that it may be.

if you are down some day, just come on board and tell us all about it. Many of us will respond and try to cheer you up.

This is a wonderful group of friends. Many of us have lost friends because they can't understand this DD. We can't understand it either. Look for the "letter to the normals 'somewhere - it may help. i have even had trouble making my children understand too. But "we" here are the true friends.

Gentle Hugs to you and we all luv u!

Joan
  9. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Hi...welcome

Glad to have you, hope you enjoy being here as much as I have!

Tami
  10. raspberry_valley

Hi

Thanks for the double welcome. It so happens Iam having a terrible time at the moment and feel absolutely terrible. It's so hard thinking that your friends and family get fed up with you, it leaves you thinking will your husband be next.

11. raspberry_valley

Thanks for your welcome, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. It's nice to know there are people out there.
  12. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi, I've been here for two years but I don't post very often on here. I'm basically on the Diabetes board. You can get to different message boards by going under the purple and clicking on *message boards.* I guess you know that. lol

I think you are doing wonderfully, even for a veteran. :)

I like your username also. Happy to meet you.

I've had FMS for 11 years and diabetes for 29 years. Had GERD since January 2006, etc.

Hope your day is a good one.

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2006]
  13. raspberry_valley

Lovely to get your message.

I love cats too, but my husband is allergic to them.

For company I have a british bulldog called Marilyn, she is two years old and is laying next to me now, snoring gently.

We also have an african grey parrot called Scooby Doo. She is 3 years young, and can now say her name and "hello". She can imitate the cooker alarm, microwave, smoke detector, as well as barking like a dog, and imitating several native birds. She is absolutely hilarious and a real tonic on a down day like today.