I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ajapaws, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ajapaws

ajapaws New Member

I have been suffering with fatigue for years. I've had every test under the sun. Always told nothing is wrong. All I do is struggle through the day and get back to bed ASAP. I rarely do anything for fun or socially anymore. I found a doctor who specializes in CFS and FM who is near me. I cried when I found out. I don't know if my insurance will cover it but I think that I have to take the leap and see if I can get any answers. Just to have someone who knows about this tell me if "it's all in my head" or that I have an illness would be such a relief. I have an appointment in September. Can't wait.

—Ajapaws
  2. karenreese

karenreese New Member

HI AJAPAWS!!!
    I'M NEW AS WELL! I'VE FOUND LOTS OF INFO. HERE AND HOPEFULLY I'LL LEARN EVEN MORE...WELCOME TOO!!
    KAREN
  3. ajapaws

ajapaws New Member

And so soon! Fight4cure - I probably will be tested for bacterial stuff - I was once tested for Lyme and it came back positive but they tested me again and said it was a false positive. Makes me wonder. Karenreese - I'm from SE PA also.

—Ajapaws
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Glad you are here...I have only been here about a month..but i can not go through the day without checking out the board several time..I have learned so much already and have questions this is the first place I come to..

Looking forward to your treads

\tami
  5. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Glad you found us. Do you have other symptoms besides the fatigue? I can't imagine having CFS or FM and thinking the symptoms were just all in your head. They are all TOO real. Some doctors are good at trying to convince us that its just in our heads though.

CFS or FM will usually present with several symptoms. I hope you get some help. I know whether it is CFS, FM or something else you need help in getting to feel better.

Barb
  6. ajapaws

ajapaws New Member

I have blurry vision on the left side, dizziness, occasional vertigo, headaches, general achiness, weight loss because I'm too tired to get something to eat, brain fog, try to exercise but then I end up in too much pain to keep it up... general yuckyness.

One doctor said I was getting old. Deep down I wonder if I sick or just trying to escape dealing with life.

—Ajapaws
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Hi -- I'm happy you found this message board but so sorry to hear you've been so sick.

I fully relate to being too sick to get up to eat, too sick to get up and do anything. It's not all in your head!!! If you were well, this is not how you would choose to live.

I hope you find some useful information here.

Happy to hear you've found a doctor who specializes in this illness. Hopefully they will run all the proper testing so you can get some relief.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD........SCAPPER
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Welcome to the club but sorry you have to be here.

You will get a lot of support here.

I cannot stay on today as I am hurting.

Love Anne Cromwell
  9. IEMom

IEMom New Member

I'm new to this message board and your information was so helpful. It seems like you really know what works for you. I was wondering about the calcium supplements. THis may be too personal, but don't they constipate you? That is the only problem I have in taking them. Any suggestions?
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

As you have already seen, there are lots of nice people here. This is a good place to find info., jokes, recipes,stories, and tips on how to deal w/ all kinds of things.

I visit every day. Many of us are lonely. Our friends have drifted away since we are not healthy enough to do things with them. Nice to come here and just chat at times.
  11. ajapaws

ajapaws New Member

I know what you mean. I've promised my husband that I will go to some friends house who invited us for dinner this Saturday. I've already cancelled twice. I've arranged to not have anything to do Saturday morning so that I can sleep in and well, I could take Monday off of work if I have to, but I'm going. It's ridiculous. People don't understand. For the most part, I don't do anything socially anymore.

—Ajapaws