I'm new!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by coyote, Dec 27, 2002.

1. coyote

coyote New Member

Hi! I am new to this list. This is my second time here, and think it's the best. A while back, I saw a message about itching. A few people responded. I have itching that wakes me up during the night. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if I might have a new allergy, or something else. I never realized how many people out there have FMS.
  2. sheri

sheri New Member

Glad you are with this board. I think it is the best one I've seen. There is so much information and different symptoms that can be gleaned from this site!! So, welcome!! I am not sure about your itching, so many things could cause it. Is it all over-are you on a new medication-even different laundry detergent or body lotion-thyroid- if you give us a little more details, I'm sure someone will be able to identify with you and give you some guidance...Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a Blessed New Year...be looking for your posts, blessings to you, sheri
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

welcome! that is one thing i don't have, itching at night. finally glad i saw a post where i didn't have it! hopefully, you will find some more answers tomorrow. you don't happen to sleep under a new blanket or sheets, could be a culprit.

warm regards, fibolady
  4. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Glad you found us! We're a great group here...I've only been here a month or two. I have CFS and this site has really been a Godsend for me...so much info, so much support...you couldn't find more if you tried and the people here are truly caring and many are very knowledgable. Hope you like it here and welcome aboard.

1Writer
  5. little

little Member

I have the itchies also day and night. I use aleo vera cream and aveeno. They both work great for me. I also take a bath with the aveeno. I hope this helps you. Have a great day. Gail
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I itch a lot, too, but I also have allergies, which seems to be a common problem for FMSers----in fact I just went through some really comprehensive allergy testing by an allergist who specializes in FM, much more thorough than I had in the past. So I now realize I have allergies I never thought I had, and am working on this issue---I also think I itch more in the winter, too. Heat on, dryness, etc. and I think a humidifier might help. You'll find many of us itch a lot, I bet you get a lot of responses to this!

Take care & welcome,
    Pam
  7. coyote

coyote New Member

Thanks for your replies. I will try the Aveeno, but am also using a new laudry detergent. That may be the itching culprit. Yes, it is worse in the winter.
    Good to hear from you!
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Coyote, welcome to the board. I had to smile when I saw your name, I live in Louisiana and the Coyote's are plentiful around here. I go outside at night just to listen to them 'talk' to one another! I love those three 'howls' they give, then the others answer them. I also noticed that the wild turkey answer them too!

As for that itching, yes, I get it mostly at nighttime, it will wake my up like I was a critter in the bedsheets sometimes! I also have itchy ears for no reason. Just the outer parts of my ears itch, have no idea what is causing this.

It could be for you, a change in cosmetics, creams, shampoo, hand lotion, soap powder etc. Or something you eat too.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. bluecreek

bluecreek New Member

It started in July 1990. Every year it comes back starting with my arms, then legs and travels up my body. The doctors tell me it's dry skin but it has got to be from another source - my body and gut feeling say so. This year it didn't go away and I'm still a mass of healing bumps. The doctor put me on prednisone which is a steroid. I feel like a million dollars and don't itch as much but I know prednisone is not good for a person. It thins bone and compromises my immune system. Has anyone had an itch such as this for over 10 years and conquered it? I'm wondering if it is my diet. I crave carbs and sugar. One year they put me in gell casts to keep me from scratching the skin off my legs.
  10. coyote

coyote New Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't know about conquering the itch. I am still trying to figure out what's causing it. Definitely year-round. The itching that wakes me up is usually around my face and jaw especailly. I thought it was a new shampoo, but it wasn't.
    I was thinking about taking benadryl for it.