I'm not a fruit cake honest

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karengemma, Jun 20, 2008.

1. karengemma

karengemma New Member

Does anyone else suffer from saying the wrong words. I'm always doing it I say stupid things like put the bread in the toilet!!!

I also write the wrong words down If I'm writing something and someone speaks to me I end up writing what they've said instead of what I'm supposed to write.

People look at me gone out who don't know I have FM, but otherwise my family just laugh with me and we carry on.

It used to worry me but I would be interested to hear from anyone else who suffers the same problem
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2008]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you are, then I am too. I've been doing this for years and my kids used to laugh at me until I told them it might be hereditary! That got them to hush....

Just this morning I was talking to my daughter and told her to give me the 'football'.....no idea where that one came from.

3. landra

landra New Member

At the accupuncture school, I asked about an accupuncture clinic!! ... I MEANT massage!! I also get seriously tongue-tied, cannot get things in the right order to make sense.

With people I know, I will describe what I mean and they will help me find the word, or straighten out the sentence. But I find in typing, it flows easily!

My doctor sent me to a nerologist who found nothing seriously wrong. "Just aging." But we KNOW that we do it more frequently than others our ages! And of course in a flare I amy make very little sense!!Too bad "they" can't "see" us then.
  4. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

it sin't just ME!! (Smile)

I use the wrong work all the time. Usually just one word in a sentence though. Like saying "Get the bird a bone" because I am looking outside when I am speaking and thinking about the bird I just saw flying to a branch and not thinking about the dog.

My husband just grins when I do this. I usually catch myself after the fact and say to him "Did I just say...?"
    Thank goodness he knows this is all part of the DD monster and he has a sense of humor. If I do this at work I let it pass because I really don't give a tinker's damn what they think about me when I'm there these days.

Writing is easier for me because I just pick up my handy dandy Webster's or use the dictonary on the I-net.

Hang in there...and keep your sense of humor!

5. Meg1710

Meg1710 New Member

In the past few weeks mine have been:

"I'll go get the ladder" when I meant the 'hammer'.

"I took some uniform" - when I meant some 'Nurofen' (painkiller).

"I'll get the wheelbarrow" when I meant the 'umbrella'

Good chance to have a laugh! When I realise what I've said, I just look at my husband and say "did I really say what I think I said" - this ..... is what I really meant?

6. karengemma

karengemma New Member

I think whats normal for us is def not in the normal parameters of people. But I would prefer to have our normality it certainly makes for interesting living!!

Must admit I'm often standing there playing charades trying to think of the word that I want. It does give my hubby and daughter a laugh at times, I've certainly learnt to laugh at myself these days

Love Kaz
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2008]