I'm not alone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jackie2day, Aug 28, 2002.

1. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Hello!
    I'm new to these boards. Just glad to know I'm not alone.
    I wanted to go to Live Chat but not today. I don't want to "register" again. Hope I don't end up with a mailbox full of "stuff" for sale. Information is good but please no sales pitches.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had a problem with SS disability. I have severe symptoms that won't let me work and I can't get them to approve disability for me. I applied a year and a half ago.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.

j2day
  2. jackie2day

jackie2day New Member

Hello!
    I'm new to these boards. Just glad to know I'm not alone.
    I wanted to go to Live Chat but not today. I don't want to "register" again. Hope I don't end up with a mailbox full of "stuff" for sale. Information is good but please no sales pitches.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had a problem with SS disability. I have severe symptoms that won't let me work and I can't get them to approve disability for me. I applied a year and a half ago.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.

j2day
  3. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Hi,
    I am gald you are here, I too know that feeling of happiness knowing you are no the only one, it is a good feeling!!!!
    well as far as SS, I have tried but got turned down, I am lucky I have a husband that can support us and we got insurance but I know of alot of others that need it, try it again, it is sad to say , but it takes most three times to get it.
    I am trying to get my brother on and my husband ran into a lady at work that helps people get on disability for free, tell me what state you are from and I will find out from her if there is something like that in your state.
    your friend,
    Denise
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

The home page & library have info on disability. Left side of page on home & rt. side on library (or vice versa...lol, sorry fibrofog). There was also a post titled "Discouraged" by Azcrum either at the bottom of this page or top of 2nd page on this.

Lots of great info avail & great supportive members. Michele
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello J2day, glad to have you join us. Sorry you are having problems with SSD, it seems to be the norm to be turned down at least three times before you are accepted for benefits.

I hope you can get the help you need soon.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Coping

Coping New Member

It IS so wonderful to meet others with the same conditions. Although I am sorry there are so many suffering.

I applied for SSDI in October of 2001. I called yesterday and they said the made a medical determination but it went to another group to make sure they followed all the rules and regulations. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. This is my first time filing. I sure wish I could hear something!

Keep on Truckin'.....You'll get it eventually.

Ciao,
    Tricia
  7. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

There are some states that have State sponsored disability in addition to the social security program or the supplemental security income.

Social Security will provide you with atty's approved or licensed to practice in that specialty. Ironically I went for an interview with an atty listed on their form and he would not take my case as he said it would be very complicated to prove up ref SSDIB. How true. I was put off by him and would not have hired him in any event.

Dig around...ask others who have been through the disability thing....your physician may know of someone or the "guard" at the hearings office. You'd be surprised! I found my lawyer from a woman who had prevailed from a physician. I hired her......long story, long time, but ultimately I prevailed.

Read the info as given to you above and don't give up, you can't even if you are married, who know's what tomorrow may bring. Lil'