I'm not copping...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KAZZE, Jan 27, 2003.

1. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

with things at the moment and it is getting me down. I get so confused and am constantly getting dates and other important things wrong. Things I used to take for granted are now becoming a worry.I can't even remember my telephone number and my finances are in a mess! I used to cope so well when it was just my body that was letting me down, but now it seems my brain is joining in and that ia scary!
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Kazze:

I know what you mean-I've been in a real brain fog lately. As much as I hate all the physical problems with fibro, losing my brain is the scariest thing of all. I, too, have forgotten my phone number at times. I almost forgot to pay our mortgage one month-good thing my husband asked me about it! I'm trying to do everything I can to make things easier for me to remember. Are you under any extra stress right now? That always makes my brain fog worse.

My mother passed away in October so since that time I have been extra busy (I am personal rep. of my parents' estate). Tomorrow is the closing of my parents' house so getting down to one house again will really help me. I know that once all of this estate stuff is over, I am sure my brain will function better.

Everything I read says those of us with fibro need to simplify our lives. Fortunately, I have a good husband who helps and supports me. Try to write things down and keep your notes in the same place. I know that it probably won't always help, but some of the time it should.

Ellen Comstock

3. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I bought a planner/date book, very small and slim so it wouldn't be a pain to carry around in my purse and I write everything in it. It has really helped. I keep a large dry erase calendar in my kitchen area (where I see it every day) and try to write everything that's going on on it as well. I work and have 3 kids and my husband works evenings so it's all up to me. I get the brain fog. I can't spell things right, can't remember things I've said. My job is as a deaf ed. interpreter and I can't remember SIGNS! Not good. But the calendars have helped me tremendously.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My shrink told me this and it's true: Get organized and leave nothing to memory. Use calendars, day planners, PDA's, stickem notes, whatever it takes to keep on track.

When I've felt better, I've gone through my place superorganizing everything. I've also donated things I no longer use. No sense in having clutter.

I'm still doing this, but I have found that getting organized really makes a difference.

Love, Mikie
  5. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

for your support when I needed it. I have started a weekly timetable that covers everything I could possibly forget and have put it up in the kitchen where I can't miss it. I don't feel as "lost" as I did now that I'm doing something constructive about it!

Thanks again...Karen

[ advertisement ]