I'm not crying

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by loriRn, Jun 18, 2004.

1. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Dad's funeral was today. I'm normally a very sentimental person.cry at comercials for petesake!
    I've cried more at a sad movie than I have the last 3 days.Whats wrong me? I had a great relationship with him and loved him. I am thankful he's not suffering, and I know he's with our Lord.

I feel like i'm in the twilight zone. This is really bothering me.I'm usually a crier. Please pray for me.
    Lori.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Your in my thoughts and prayers. I`m sorry you lost your father. I lost mine 6 years ago to colon cancer. I didn`t cry much at my dad`s funeral either. I guess I just felt kind of stunned by the whole thing. It hit me later though, then I had some good cries and I`m sure you will too.

Remember the good times and I know you know he is home with God.

Love,
    Sandy
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I want to say that I'm sorry about the loss of your dad. It's difficult to lose your parents.

I am also a sensitive person. However, when my mom died after years of suffering with Parkinson's Disease, I was so relieved that she wasn't suffering that it brought me some happiness despite the sadness of her loss. I felt happy that she was in heaven with the Lord and not suffering anymore. It was horrible to watch her suffer so long and death was a relief. I eventually cried at times b/c I missed her but overall felt more relief than sadness.

I don't know if that's what you're going through but every one is different. It's okay to grieve in your own way. Have you ever heard of Elizabeth Kubler Ross's stages of dying? I think that sometimes I skip some of them, sometimes I get stuck in some of them and other times I dance around and keep going through various stages of them:)

Know that the Lord is with you to also bring you comfort in your grief. Hope this helps some.
    Monkeykat - Kathy
  4. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Thank you all. And ,yes Monkeycat, I know of the stages to grief. I thought about it, and I think I did alot of my crying while he was alive, watching him slowly get worse. I think I might be at acceptance.

My mom said she was feeling the same way. I'm sure it will come. Thank you all again, Love Lori.
  5. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Thank you,yes, I still have my mother,thank God. Both my parents are wonderful, I've been blessed. I do have many memories in my heart. I'm joyful that my dad is with the Lord.

I think I'm afraid to start crying, that I won't be able to stop. Right now I feel peaceful. God is awesome.He has lead us down this path, and I feel Him holding my hand.God Bless.