I'm on a roll.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, May 7, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Figuratively speaking. Oops, spoke too soon. I just looked and I Am sitting on one. It's the half eaten roll with sesame seeds on top that I bought at Whole Foods two weeks ago.

Now to the real reason I posted this.

What unusual distinction is shared by these famous people? Taylor Dayne, Gerald Ford, Bob Hope, Billy Ocean, and Twiggy.

I will post the answer on Sunday if no one has come up with it. If someone comes up with the answer quickly, I have plenty more!!!! Other Trivia questions welcome.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I was just gonna ask what kind: sesame seed; Kaiser; pecan?

Don't have a clue re: your question. In fact, I never heard of Taylor Ocean or Billy Dayne.
    Haven't heard anything about Twiggy for at least 3 decades.

Well, let me just take a stab or two here.

They all:

were born in Westchester?
    are Scorpios?
    started out as child performers?

are left-handed?
    owned their own bowling shoes?
    are part of a palindrome?

loved their mother?
    had a dog named Blue;
    hosted Tupperware parties?

were once married to Elizabeth Taylor?
    visited Pahrump, Nevada?
    enjoyed corn on the cob?

cheerleaders in High School?
    appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show?
    were filthy rich?

dated Mick Jagger?
    could tie a square knot?
    Played poker but not bridge?

Eagerly awaiting your answer.

True bit of trivia: Gordon's brother Henry works for Whole Foods nee Mrs. Gooch's
    Natural Foods.

3. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Not knowing who they all are, but looking at their names, my best guess is those aren't the names they were born with. Am I close? Did they all legally change their birth names?

And as usual, Rock has me ROTFLMAO!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2009]
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You are close. That is all I will say. (evil laughter),Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2009]
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I just had a thought. Maybe the winner should pick the next trivia question. It could be on a seprate post.That would not mean other people can't have posts with trivia questions. Am I making sense?

6. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Gap you're cracking me up again. get off that roll please, it must be stale.

And the answer is...................they were all once named Leslie.

HUH am I right??????????

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Is that your final answer?

Do you want to ask a trivia question as the prize?

Should it be on another post like Vivian's trivia question?

I'm game for anything.

Not to worry about the roll. I ate it. "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" Wait what was THAT from. Alka Seltzer?

Now Queen of Trivia Vivian, you have some decisions to make. Deal or no deal? Do you want to pass on the Tiara? If you don't want to, I am sure someone can post one, we could end the whole thing or come up with other fun games which will help my goal of procrastinating cleaning my house until the last minute before company comes over tomorrow.

ETA It was Alka Seltzer. How come I can remember that but can't remember what I ate for lunch!!! Oh, wait. It was the roll!![This Message was Edited on 05/08/2009]
  8. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I just love to read your posts. What a sense of humor and just when I need a smile too. I am so glad I met you.

I can't think straight enough to come up with any, and since you are doing such a great job.......why don't you remain the queen of the questions?

Any way just thinking of one to ask will help you avoid cleaning.

I await your next question my dear.

9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Since this DD, my writing skills have suffered. I think this board has helped me get "my groove" back. However, it is relative. There are days when it takes me about an hour to form a cohesive sentence let alone a creative or funny thought. Actually, most of my humorous posts come to me on the spur of the moment. Go figure.

If you think I am funny, you should see our family get togethers!!

Fame has it's burden and I will wear this crown for another question.

I get the questions from Google.

I may not get to this today as I have to put all of the stuff I had in storage that I brought home three weeks ago in the bathtub, as the company is coming in a few hours. I figure if someone pulls back the shower curtain then it is their problem!!

Take care.