I'm Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bren2135, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Hi everyone,

I need a shoulder.. or two, or 10..

I had to leave my job as a home health aide - simply cannot
    do the work anymore. It's time to file for disability, but somehow, I can't bring myself to do it yet. It's so hard to wrap my brain around that. I'm grieving.

Meanwhile, I was just referred to an oncologist. My pelvic ultrasounds don't look good, and my cancer marker test (CA-125) is elevated. My mom had ovarian cancer, so my risk is high.

This is especially difficult, because we found out 3 weeks ago, my MIL's cancer is terminal, and doctors gave her 3 to 6 months.

Today? A lady I've worked for, for two years and considered a friend, literally BACKED away from me, rather than hug me -- and I was reminded that to some people, I am a 'sick person,' not a person.

On a lighter note, I met a new friend in the doctor's office, discovered we both love scrapbooking, and have a scrapbooking 'date' next week! Go figure, hmm?!

I haven't been here much lately, but hope you're all doing well..

Please send hugs!
    Brenda
  2. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I'm so sorry, that's a whole lot to deal with.

I will pray for you and hope the oncologist has positive

things to say. I can't believe someone would back away

from you like that. People are so clueless, it's sad.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

So sorry you're having a rough time. It seems that it just all piles up at times.

I understand where you're coming from, it gets so old being sick all the time, I hope things improve for you.

A new friend is a great thing, I have very few. That's why I'm here. :)

Hang in there, eat some chocolate:)

xxxooo hermit
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Boy, I guess so! What a lot to deal with at one time. My heart ached reading your post.

I love how you found a bit of joy in the midst of all this. I predict you'll be just fine!

Hugs meanwhile,
    Marta
  5. baanders

baanders New Member

I'm praying for you, dear. You have a whole lot on your plate. I understand about people treating you "less than". But you are not less than. I'm sending you a big, gentle hug here....{{{{{{{{huggie}}}}}}}. Please keep praying for your healing. I know of someone that can help you. It sounds like this is a painful time in your life in many ways. Please love yourself and be good to yourself. Please don't let other peoples' treatment of you determine how you feel about yourself...even if you do have to quit working. You never know what is in store for your futuree.

blessings
    baanders
  6. FlowerMD

FlowerMD New Member

Brenda,

Oh my goodness girl my heart goes out to you. just know you are in my prayers too. Until you have all of your test results back do this, wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze!!! that is a hug from me. keep us posted hon!!!

Hugs,
    FlowerMD
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

about the job....and the need for the appointment. But it's better to go and stay ahead of things. I'll be praying for you....take care! Terri
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hugs...

jodie
  9. TerryS

TerryS Member

Sorry to hear about the CA125. I work for a group of gynecologic oncologists (transcription).

Please make sure you go to every appointment and keep on top of this thing. I pray you don't have ovarian cancer. If you do, catching it early is the most important thing. Most of our patients get treatment and full recover.

Sending 100 hugs to you!

TerryS
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Brenda:

I hope all works out well for you. You sound very relaxed and not as distressed as some might be. That is definitely to your credit.

Good luck with your new 'scrapbooking friend'.

nyrofan
  11. kbak

kbak Member

Life can be simply overwelming at times. Someone once said that living isn't for the faint of heart! Sending prayer's your way!! I really, really, hope you have better day's ahead.

kbak